The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
GIZ Indonesia and ASEAN through the Climate and Biodiversity Hub Indonesia (ClimB) performs the interface project function to connect all IKI implementing partners and create an opportunity to exchange lesson learned, experience, and knowledge through series of activities and product knowledge e.g., IKI networking workshop, special/thematic topic discussion, and IKI newsletter. Indonesia, as one of 14 IKI priorities countries hosts up to 49 IKI projects consists of 13 bilateral, 11 regional, and 25 global projects (data per September 2023).
During this 2023, the IKI Hub has organized one Technical & High-Level Delegation Visit to Berlin, two thematic workshops on biodiversity and energy, and one networking workshop on the interlinkages between climate, biodiversity, and energy. In addition, 2023 also marks an important milestone of IKI Digital Transformation plan IKI Newsletter format changed from an old version in PDF to digital version (MailingWork email format).
IKI (International Climate Initiative) is an important part of the German government’s international climate finance commitment. Since 2022 the IKI is implemented by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) in close cooperation with the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV) and the Federal Foreign Office (AA). IKI has four funding areas: Mitigation (Mitigating greenhouse gas emissions), Adaptation (Adapting to the impacts of climate change), Forestry/REDD+ (Conserving natural carbon sinks with a focus on reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation), and Biodiversity (Conserving biological diversity).
Moving forward with remaining digital transformation planning and content synchronization, the IKI Hub will develop an IKI Hub Indonesia website in 2024 that aims to build brand presence of IKI in Indonesia, showcase expertise and portfolio of IKI projects in Indonesia, and connect the website with IKI Indonesia newsletter. In addition, the IKI Hub will also organize the 1st round of Communication and Digital Workshop that will help IKI implementing project and consortium partners to improve writing skills for newsletter, enhance the gender transformative knowledge, and strengthen the communication and digital capabilities for the project.
To support the IKI Hub team in developing a website and organizing a workshop, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
The trainee will support the IKI Hub team in particular and ClimB in general in terms of developing the IKI website, establishing the IKI database, and organizing the IKI activities.
The Trainee will perform the following tasks:
- Contributing the innovative ideas for the IKI Hub team in designing content categories and visual for the IKI Hub Indonesia.
- Helping on the coordination and communication regarding the website development with appointed website developer.
- Providing the creative ideas for the 1st batch of IKI Communication and Digital workshop together with event planner/organizer and trainers.
- Establishing the IKI Hub Indonesia’s database together with Communication Advisor.
- Assisting on the IKI Hub Indonesia event preparation and implementation.
- Supporting on the newsletter and social media content development.
- Performing other relevant tasks as requested.
Final year undergraduate/graduate student, majoring in communication, digital, IT and computer, marketing, public relations, public policy, international relations, or any related major (recent graduates are encouraged to apply).
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Experience and or strong interest in communication, event management, and digital (website and social media).
- Experience in developing website and/or social media content.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity on climate and biodiversity issues.
- Good communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and design/website software is a plus.
- Experience with working (internship) with international development cooperation is an advantage
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills is a desirable.
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to fast and dynamic environment.
Please note that you can only apply for this traineeship if you are currently enrolled as a student, or your graduation was no longer than one year ago.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
Expected Joining Date: 6 months (1 January 2024 – 30 June 2024)
Direct Supervisor: Communication Advisor
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and references list) to email@example.com by November 30th, 2023, with subject line ClimB – Trainee on Communication & Digital.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa Reference)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.