POSITION TITLE: Time-Bound Consultant for COVID-19
REPORTS TO: M&E/SI Technical Officer
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES Time-Bound Consultant will provide support and assistance to Jakarta Privincial Health Ofice (PHO), 5 District Health Offices (DHOs), and to the LINKAGES technical team on COVID-19 reporting and recording, data management and implementation in Jakarta. S/he will coordinate with the FHI360 M&E/SI Unit and COVID-19 Team to provide critical data management support. S/he will be responsible for COVID-19 data input, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization and data use and assist in program report. S/he will ensure that all COVID-19 data are handled, record and report efficiently and on time.
The position will be based in the Jakarta PHO/DHO offices in Jakarta and Greater Jakarta (Bodetabek), Indonesia. Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to the Jakarta PHO and DHOs staff, and LINKAGES COVID-19 program staff/team including data input, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization and data use. Develop and maintain a comprehensive electronic and paper data filing system.
- Collect and verify COVID-19 data sent by Puskesmas and hospitals in Jakarta. If necessary conduct a field visit to the Puskesmas and hospitals in order to collect and verify the data.
- Provide technical assistance (TA) to Puskesmas and hospitals regarding recording and reporting of COVID-19 data both virtual and face-to-face to improve the quality of data sent by Puskesmas and hospitals.
- Become a liaison between LINKAGES and PHO / DHOs, and Puskesmas and hospitals to strengthen COVID-19 data management and / or carry out other activities related to COVID-19.
- Perform other duties as
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or related field.
- Preferably 1 year’s relevant experience in data manajemen (data input, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization and data use).
- Preferably have prior work experience on USAID programs with USAID/PEPFAR funded programs.
- Working knowledge of office software, including Word, PowerPoint, and mastering Excel well (particularly with pivot table) and other quantitative data processing software.
- Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian. Good English skills desired.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations and COVID-19 affected people in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and country office as needed.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country if needed.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested candidates please submit your application letter and CV to email@example.com by the latest 12th July 2020. Please put the position title as the e-mail subject and ensure the attachment is less than 3 MB.