The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
Tiger Field Member
Terms and Condition
Start Date : Agustus, 2017
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : Jambi
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Tiger Research and Monitoring Coordinator
Key Internal Relationships : Tiger Conservation Project Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
Assists Tiger research and monitoring coordinator in conducting field survey and collecting data/information in the field across Berbak – Sembilang – Dangku Landscape.
1. To assist in preparing survey plan, logistic and survey equipment for survey team;
2. Responsible for field works since the beginning until it is completed;
3. To take the role of survey team member collecting field data as directed by the Tiger Research and Monitoring Coordinator and Tiger conservation Project Manager;
4. Assist with the transportation and all field survey equipment maintenance;
5. Make sure data is collected according to the methods and accurately when conducting survey and recording data of wildlife, habitat, and level of threats especially on sumatran tigers and other target animal species;
6. Assisting when required with data input of data collected in the field;
7. Other general project duties as and when required.
Establish and manage communication and coordination with other ZSL Team and ZSL partners including NP authority and communities across landscape.
This post will be mentally demanding; often the post-holder will find themselves in unexpected situations and be required to take quick decisions, finding solutions and deciding upon the best strategy to take.
This post will require time flexibility and mostly out of office hours.
Expectations of Job Holder
• To ensure that the ZSL policy for equal opportunities is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work;
• To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post;
• Demonstrate professionalism towards handling sensitive and confidential information;
• To comply with and promote ZSL’s Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary;
• To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for carrying out the job successfully;
• To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the objectives and grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered by the post holder in this role. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be altered accordingly in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation’s requirements.
A. Qualifications & Experience
1. A minimum of a senior high school level or fresh graduate of a first level degree;
2. Experiences Working in the forest specially peat swamp forest.
1. Prior have knowledge on wildlife.
C. Skills & Abilities
1. Able to work under any circumstances, strong prioritization skills, able to deal with both scheduled and unscheduled tasks;
2. Able to work independently and in a group.
Application proceduresREGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE