Position : District Facilitators
Project Name : USAID ERAT (Tata Kelola PemERintahan yang Efektif, Efisien, dan KuAT)
Location : Ketapang District, West Kalimantan Province
Job Type & duration of Contract
: Full-time staff, initial contract for a year with potential extension
Closing Date : February 16, 2024
ICMA (International City/County Management Association) seeks District Facilitators in one of 30 districts in North Sumatra, Banten, East Java, West Kalimantan, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara (see Annex) to assist with the successful implementation of the ERAT Activity. ERAT a multi-year USAID-funded program to contribute to the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to benefit the citizens of Indonesia from effective local government by increasing the quality of policy implementation and service delivery at the subnational level. The goal will be achieved through three interrelated intermediate results (IRs): (1) coherence between national and subnational policies strengthened; (2) performance of local service delivery enhanced; and (3) local budget allocation and execution improved.
Through a partnership between the Asia Foundation (TAF) and ICMA, USAID ERAT will implement various activities at the central, provincial and district levels. At the district level, ERAT will support the local governments and other stakeholders to improve data management and utilization to feed into better policies, programs and budgets on public service delivery. ERAT emphasizes collaborative governance in improving public service delivery – among different levels of government, among various sectors, and among various stakeholders, including the private sector and civil society organizations (CSOs). To allow broader participation of the communities, CSOs, and the private sector, ERAT supports improvement of access to information and various channels of public participation, including complaint handling mechanisms. Private sector engagement in public service provision that is based on mutual benefits is emphasized in the program. ERAT supports improvement of local budget allocation and execution to improve the quality of spending to improve access to and quality of public service delivery. The program promotes gender equality and social inclusion mainstreaming in local policies, programs, and budgets, as well as in the program implementation. ERAT will advance meaningful decentralization in Indonesia by promoting technically sound and politically feasible solutions to improve local governance and service delivery, based on the situations in each district.
In each of the districts supported, ERAT will mobilize a District Facilitator to facilitate the local government, other stakeholders to identify and promote various reforms described above. S/he will coordinate with Provincial Coordinator and the ERAT project at-large, including subcontractors/grantees and individual consultants providing technical assistance, capacity development, and facilitation activities. The ideal candidate will be experienced in overseeing technical and administrative activities and familiar with their respective district. The District Facilitator will be based in their assigned district. The hiring of this position is contingent on approval of the prime implementer, TAF, and USAID. Women, person with disability and other minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Under the supervision of the Public Administration Advisor and under the coordination of the Provincial Coordinator, oversee project implementation and monitor progress in the respective district assigned;
- Provide consultations on the district implementation plan and annual work planning;
- Under the coordination of the Provincial Coordinator and the ERAT project team, coordinate subcontractors/grantees and individual consultants to implement ERAT in the respective district
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the local government and various local actors, including non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations (including women, PWD, customary/adat, youth-based organizations), universities, and the private sector in implementing activities on the ground;
- Provide strategic and technical oversight for activities in the assigned district, ensuring effective and efficient implementation and reporting any technical or administrative implementation issues to the Provincial Coordinator and the ERAT Team in Jakarta;
- Under support of the ERAT Team, conduct rapid governance and public service delivery assessment of the district at the initial phase of the district-level implementation and prior to mid-term.
- Facilitate technical and financial reporting as needed to the Provincial Coordinator and the ERAT Team in Jakarta;
- Support the inclusion of women, youth, person with disabilities and other marginalized groups in all aspects of program implementation.
- Support and coordinate capacity development efforts, including training, workshops, and other events at the district level.
- Maintain the highest standard of integrity and ensure compliance with all project procedures and processes, with ICMA policies, and with USAID contract requirements; and
- Undertake any other necessary tasks that the ERAT project team assigns.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Public Policy, Governance, Public Administration, Regional/Urban Planning, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Law, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in promoting local governance and/or public service delivery at the local level.
- Prior experience working in the designated province and/or strong knowledge about the political economy on governance and public service issues of the province – experience and/or knowledge of specific districts is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with government officials, the private sector, civil society, and other parties, at local level.
- Strong analytical, writing, facilitation, and training skills, along with institutional analytical and development capabilities.
- Good interpersonal and diplomatic skills, along with cultural sensitivity and a commitment to addressing gender equality and social inclusion.
- Experience working on donor-funded development programs, USAID-funded program experience is a plus.
- Bahasa Indonesia fluency required, with excellent written and oral communications skills. English language skills are a plus.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16, 2024, at 05:00 PM Jakarta time. Please write “ERAT District Facilitator- KETAPANG” in the subject of the e-mail. The application should include (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV or Statement of Qualifications which summarizes the applicant’s suitability for the position based on the above qualification criteria.