Position : Communications Officer
Location : Jakarta (Indonesia Office)
Job Type & duration of Contract
: Full-time staff, initial contract for a year with potential extension
Closing Date : December 15, 2022
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This function is accountable to the Deputy Country Representative. S/he will be responsible for implementing The Asia Foundation’s Indonesia communication strategy and work plans to increase the profile and visibility of the Foundation and its programs; producing a range of quality communications materials to engage key audiences and communication channels, including traditional and online media outlets; branding, support visibility of Foundation projects, research, offline events, and other initiatives.
Regular contact with program staff within the Foundation’s office, including Program staff, Programs Leaders, Country Representative (CR), and Deputy Country Representative (DCR).
- Assist the CR and DCR in implementing the communications strategy and work plan.
- Engage with the Government of Indonesia, partners, and donors.
- Drive coordination with target media and relevant communications platforms and networks.
- Ensure the quality of communications products.
- Implement, revise, and monitor a communications strategy and annual work plans (in conjunction with the Foundation’s Indonesia Programs strategy), based on regular assessments of communications needs.
- In collaboration with the CR, DCR, and Programs leaders, develop relevant communications-related programmatic deliverables tied to key outcomes, indicators, and measures, and monitor, them as appropriate.
- Track the progress and impact of the communications campaign versus set objectives and targets, generate insights from data collected throughout the campaign, report successes and challenges, and propose improvements.
- Collaborate with program staff, GoI, partners, and donors to identify the key achievements, lessons, messages, and successful examples of programs, then produce and/or facilitate the production of high-quality communications materials for tailored stakeholders as well as the wide and varied audiences.
- In collaboration with the CR, DCR, and program leaders, produce the Foundation’s promotion materials, media releases, and social media feed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with targeted online, print, and broadcast journalists, editorial writers, bloggers, and columnists to promote impactful media coverage of the Foundation programs.
- Ensure effective mechanisms are in place across the program and with partners to reduce the likelihood of communications-related risk and monitor and address any breaches in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Managing communications vendors.
- Provide technical, editorial, and design input to all major program documents, including strategies, program reports, technical documents, and studies to ensure they are well written and communicate the key messages in ways that are suited to the various audiences.
- And other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Areas for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) include:
- Progress against the communications strategy and plan.
- Visibility of the program through a range of communication channels.
- Management of risk.
- Reach and uptake knowledge from various media outlets.
- Reach and uptake offline events and campaigns; and
- Quality of communications and knowledge products, including data analysis.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in social science, communications, journalism, and other relevant degrees.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in communications, and public relations and strong knowledge and experience in social issues (gender, inclusion, good governance, environment, human rights) is preferred.
- Knowledge of communications approaches and strategies.
- Experience in report and journalism writing.
- Strong networks with communications organizations, media, photography, and writers.
- Ability to juggle a range of projects simultaneously with little supervision.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and organized work practices an asset.
- Team building and networking skills are an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2022, at 05:00 PM Jakarta time. Please write “Communications Officer – your name” in the subject of the e-mail. The application should include (i) a cover letter, and (ii) a CV or Statement of Qualifications that summarizes the applicant’s suitability for the position based on the above qualification criteria.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
THE ASIA FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER. WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.