Position Title : Temporary Junior Accountant
Reports to : Regional Finance and Corporate Services Manager (RFCSM)
Section/Unit : Financial Services Unit (FSU)
Duty Station : Bogor, Indonesia
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the guidance and supervision of the RFCSM, the Junior Accountant provides support to the FSU with emphasis on the following areas: checking completeness of payment request, journal entry transactions, maintain field office report, take a lead on TA/TEC module, filing finance in SEARO and other finance request ad hoc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To checking all payment document below to ensure completeness of support documents and accuracy of coding for journal entry transactions including input journal entry to accounting system:
• Travel advance request
• Procurement payment request
• Travel expense report
• Contractual vendor payment request, ex: Bayu Buana
2. Register batch input to OCS.
3. To carry out aging schedule.
4. Finance filling and facilitate Audits (external, internal and project audits) – well finance filling for easy track to facilitate auditor’s sampling, to provide data and information to respond to auditor’s questions.
5. Maintain field office report from submission until payment to make sure the report is accurate, on time submission and payment and input to the system.
6. Maintain personal account of staff to make sure the balance is accurate, in time and confirmed by staff.
7. Provide outstanding cash advance information to FUA and FUL monthly.
8. Take a lead on TA/TEC module to make sure TA/TEC work well and assist staff on using TA/TEC module.
9. Giving input to improve TA/TEC module implementation.
10. Assess capacity of local partners on policies and procedures.
11. Assist Senior Accountant to prepare close-out documentation at the end of funding cycles in compliance with ICRAF policies and procedures and grant and donor requirements.
12. Assist Senior Accountant to provide audit sampling and get justification from FUA/Project Officer.
13. To improve efficiency of financial operation (e.g. improve financial policies and procedures).
14. Assist Senior Accountant in preparing monthly closing; including: staff advance reconciliation, transactions manual matching in OCS, partner statement reconciliation.
15. Any other duty as assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
MINIMUM REQUIRED ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum education Bachelor degree (S-1) in Accounting, Administration, Management, related discipline
Good knowledge of Communications (Bahasa and English)
Computer literate (on Window based-systems including Excel and ACCESS) and experience in using Agresso is desirable
MINIMUM RELEVANT WORKING EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 3 (three) years of relevant Accounting/finance experience is required, preferably in not-for-profit organization.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural teams.
• Good understanding of time management
• Strong character, multitasking person and able to work under pressure
• Well organized; able to meet deadline
• Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specified projects.
• Good knowledge of negotiations