Open to: Internal and External Candidates
Reference No.: SVN/ID10/2017/033
Position Title: Temporary Human Resources Assistant I
Duty Station: Jakarta
Organization Unit: Resources Management Unit
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Contract for 4 (four) month
Estimated Start Date: July 2017
Closing Date: 29 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of HR & GA and overall supervision of Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO), the incumbent will provide assistance in human resources activities for IOM Mission in Indonesia. S/he will be working in close coordination with all DRM and projects/ operational units and other staffs in the mission.
II. CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance in recruitment process of national staffs for Jakarta and sub-offices: post the vacancy notice, keep and save all the applications letter in HR folders, do the long-listing and submit the long-listed application to the concerned unit; arrange interviews of candidates and written test, if any; assist to carry out reference checks for short-listed candidates; arrange for security training/briefing and medical examination for incoming staff.
- Process contract extensions and personal actions for national/on-call staff, consultants and interns and provide back up in preparing contract and personal actions for new hires. Input, update and maintain the data in PRISM related to the contract extensions and PO creation for consultants/interns; monitor national staff contract status and entitlements (including to ensure the corresponding upgrades and salary increments)., Assist in the distribution of national staff contract documents in Jakarta office, and if needed, for the sub-offices.
- Keep record of activities performed by the Human Resources unit, classify materials for filing and coordinate with the colleagues in the unit. Create and maintain personnel files (contracts, Personnel Actions (PAs), personal data, supporting documents, etc) of national staff, consultants/interns (Jakarta office) and all international staff in the mission.
- Keep track on national staff attendance, leave and working hour records in Sub-offices. If needed, coordinate with Administrative and HR Assistant I to keep track on the staff records in Jakarta.
- Maintain and update Staff Database, prepare Staff Count weekly and monthly report and UN Quarter List.
- Prepare and distribute IOM Official ID card for all staff in Jakarta and sub-offices.
- Coordinate with HCPU Manila the Medical Service Plan (MSP) application, participation and claim administration by forwarding to them all relevant documents.
- Prepare the personnel action for authorized MSP admission, maintain record and update the Medical Service Plan (MSP) & Compensation Plan (CP) participation list in monthly basis and prepare monthly report to be submitted to Health Claim Processing (HCP) in Manila.
- Facilitate national staff MSP reimbursement and claim that authorized by HCPU, including prepare and submit the payment request to Finance Unit for the reimbursement and process hospital direct payment approval and administration as well as ensure that the payment is carried out on the current month.
- Coordinate with other HR colleagues the handling of national staff entry, annual and exit medical examinations.
- Prepare supporting documents for payroll processing for National Staffs
- Provide back up to track Travel Authorizations (TA) by assigning a unique number to the TAs submitted by all staff members in the mission (Jakarta and sub-offices).
- Provide support and assistance in arranging staff training and learning events at IOM Mission in Indonesia
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
III. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in in Human Resources, Business Administration, accounting with 2 years of working experience in human resources and administration, Or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least four years of relevant experience as above.
- Have good knowledge of, and experience in human resources and administration.
- Previous experience in an administration unit at an international organization is an advantage.
- Proficient in computer applications. Familiar with SAP would be an advantage.Languages
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
IV. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
a) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c) Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly; d) Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) Displays mastery of subject matter; g) Contributes to a collegial team environment; i) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant Human Resources theories and practices, and recognizes their application within existing IOM processes
- Delivers Human Resources solutions customized to the needs of IOM
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearance and verification of education certificate.IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: http://indonesia.iom.int/sites/default/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).