This position is contingent on funding
Towards Inclusion and Resilience Activity will seek to increase the resilience of key Indonesian institutions and segments of society against the rise of violent extremism in Indonesia. The activity will target vulnerable communities and population groups to build resilience and improve rehabilitation of former members of violent extremist organizations.
The Senior Technical Advisor in Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) will provide overall input into the strategy and design of all activity components and will contribute to technical excellence throughout the HARMONI activity. The Advisor will liaise with government and civil society counterparts and be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with CVE stakeholders in Indonesia.
- Master’s degree or higher and seven years of work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Significant demonstrated experience working on core outcome areas of the proposed activity, like community resilience, CVE, PVE, deradicalization, reintegration, rehabilitation, civic education, etc;
- Thorough expertise of violent extremism in Indonesia or Asia region preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with many types of stakeholders, including USAID, officials from various levels of government, civil society, and others;
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written);
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia preferred;
- Demonstrated direct experience of working in Indonesia preferred.