Technical Officer for Big Chain Hospitals Engagement, TB Private Sector
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer for Big Chain Hospitals Engagement for the USAID TB Private Sector Activity based in Indonesia. The goal of this activity is to increase and improve the diagnosis, notification, and successful treatment of tuberculosis (TB) by leveraging and utilizing private sector platforms.
Reporting to the Private Sector TB Advisor, the Technical Officer for Big Chain Hospitals Engagement will be responsible for coordinating TBPS efforts to engage big chain hospitals in providing quality TB services in Indonesia. S/he will work closely with national stakeholders and big chain hospitals corporate management to implement TB systematic screening activities and support SIM-RS and SITB data integration. S/he will support the Private Sector TB Advisor and relevant USAID TBPS team members and other relevant government and non-government stakeholders to develop ways of effectively engaging big chain hospitals in Indonesia’s TB response based on local and international best practices and experience. S/he stays updated on the latest development in TB care and control research and practices and will serve in a coordinating role with the national PPM core team. S/he will also provide technical support to implement big chain hospital engagement with each of targeted chain hospital corporate management to promote sustainability and institutionalization of interventions before the project ends.
The position shall be based in Jakarta, until July 2022.
- Understand TB PPM activities and its network at the district level.
- Collaborate with Program Managers from big chain hospitals in the implementation of hospital level activities including in the development of hospital/chain-specific SOPs.
- Support the Data Managers and TBPS HIS team in ensuring smooth data integration between SIM-RS and SITB in all the targeted hospitals.
- Identify issues and challenges from the implementation and provide recommendation to overcomes those issues and challenges to national PPM Core Team, TBPS team and big chain hospitals.
- Provide feedback from the hospital and chain management to PPM Core Team and TBPS team to inform future planning and strategy.
- Request the NTP for support required by big chain hospitals.
- Collaborate with professional organizations and health facility associations in the implementation of the coaches and champions initiative.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of big chain hospital engagement activities at the hospital/chain and national level.
- Contribute to the development of PPM Operational Plan.
- Contribute to the Activity’s annual workplan and Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including analyzing data.
- Support the planning and implementation of training and capacity building activities for hospital team.
- Ensure Activity implementation meets national policies, standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and provide technical support to field-level implementation to ensure activities are of high quality and account for the Activity’s strategy.
- Provides inputs into data analysis, monitoring and evaluation for TBPS project
- Together with AMELP advisor, coordinates project learning activities to guide TBPS project course correction and ensure targets are met
- Together with the National TB Program and the TBPS technical team, leads development of a scale-up and sustainability plans for big chain hospital engagement.
- Provide technical support to other implementing partners/organizations.
- Undertake other technical tasks that arise during project implementation.
- Advanced degree or its international equivalent in medicine, public health, economics, business, social sciences, or related areas.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing and/or managing public-private partnership in health-related field.
- Experience working with the Government of Indonesia’s National TB Program.
- Knowledge/experience of TB issues, policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships with Government personnel at the national and subnational levels.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with diverse group of staff members.
- Strong analytical skills, insight, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa and high proficiency in English
- Background in working with hospital, policy-level engagement and negotiation skills, and
demonstrated ability in engaging private hospitals.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career website by the latest 30th September 2021 at the link below:
Please specify the zone you are applying for based on the table above