The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has been shaping international cooperation on behalf of the German Government for and with international organisations and partners for more than 60 years. Operating globally, GIZ works to ensure that people around the world will have a better future. GIZ uses sustainable approaches and solutions both in our project work and within the company.
SUTRI NAMA as registered with the UNFCCC aims to tackle challenges of growing urban traffic congestion and increasing urban transport related greenhouse gas emissions by transforming urban transport in Indonesia with a mix of capacity-building and investment measures provided through a national sustainable urban transport programme. SUTRI NAMA is implemented starting December 2017 with the support from the NAMA Facility through GIZ as the delivery organization.
A technical assistance component namely Indonesia Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Development Project (INDOBUS), funded by the State Secretariat of Economic Affairs of Switzerland (SECO) added to SUTRI NAMA for the development and start-up of bus rapid transit (BRT) corridors in selected pilot cities of Indonesia. The component has been working at both local and national levels in the field of BRT planning, project management support, BRT operations management, public transport funding as well as reform of the private minibus-sector towards participation in operating consortiums. At national level coordination has to be sought between the several relevant line ministries; best-practice examples / project achievements have to be documented, published and promoted for replication.
The steering structure of SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS consists of Steering Committee, Technical Committee and Technical Support Unit. The Board of Steering Committee is superior decision-making body on all strategic concerns and final approvals for co-funding or release payments under the project. A Technical Steering Committee, as part of Steering Committee, supports the Board in technical and sector-specific concerns. The Technical Support Unit will provide daily management and operation support of the Technical Steering Committee. The Technical Support Unit is chaired by Director of Road Transport, Ministry of Transportation.
To support the implementation of SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS, GIZ Indonesia is seeking a qualified Indonesian candidate for this following position.
- Support the daily operations of the Technical Support Unit (TSU) of the project under the framework of SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS
- Coordinate with the relevant project team members, to provide technical inputs to the Technical Support Unit
- Together with project team, under the coordination of the Principal Advisor, ensure all milestones in both SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS components are achieved in a timely manner.
In this context, the position includes, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Management and Coordination:
- Support the Principal Advisor of the projects to prepare the concept, strategy, and work plan related to the IT aspect in project implementation.
- Assist the Principal Advisor of the projects to liaise and communicate with the TSU in timely manner.
- Coordinate ToR preparation for technical consultant works for the projects to support the work of TSU.
- Supervise technical consultants and interns for supporting the implementation of the project within the work of TSU.
- Assist the Principal Advisor of the projects to conduct continuous project monitoring and evaluation in relation to the work of TSU.
- Ensure timely reporting to the Principal Advisor of the projects.
- Evaluate results of activities related to the work of TSU and give input/feedback for better implementation.
- Use GIZ’s Capacity Works to manage the projects.
- Professional Advisory Services
- Provide technical inputs and advice to the Technical Support Unit in various issues related to the project activities
- Ensure exchange of results, communication and lessons learned between pilot cities and with the Technical Support Unit
- Ensure smooth communication flow between cities, Technical Support Unit and project team
- Provide inputs to the monitoring and reporting activities done by the Monitoring and Reporting Advisor as well as relevant communication content to the Communication Officer
- Support relevant activities in SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS, whenever necessary
- Networking and Cooperation
- Under the coordination of the Principal Advisor, become a contact person and liaison in the Technical Support Unit
- Manage main counterparts’ expectation (MoT) through good communication
- Project and Knowledge Management
- Support the project team to design and develop knowledge management system throughout project outputs in INDOBUS and SUTRI NAMA
- Together with the project team, implement the system
- Monitor, evaluate, provide inputs/feedback to continuously improve implementation
- Ensure that lessons learned are documented and shared
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Support relevant project team members in achieving milestones of the project, both in SUTRI NAMA and INDOBUS
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Essential: At least Bachelor’s degree in transport, civil engineering, management, or urban planning
- Desirable: additional background and knowledge urban planning
- At least 7 years working experiences in transport planning
- Essential: project management, experience in transport projects
- Desirable: experience as liaison officer for public entity, experience in infrastructure and sustainable urban transport projects
Essential skills, additional competences and other knowledges
- Presentation and writing skills (both in Bahasa Indonesia and English)
- Strong skill in designing and facilitating an effective multi-stakeholder partnership,
- Excellent capability to plan, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of various capacity development measures,
- Excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and basic computer applications (e.g., MS Office),
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English; German knowledge would be an advantage;
- Focused, proactive, and positive working attitude,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners,
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy,
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high-quality work products,
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of SUTRI NAMA & INDOBUS
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14th, 2021 with subject line SUTRI NAMA – Technical Advisor – TSUO.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified