Reports to: Technical Lead – MNH
Positions Supervised: None
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Jhpiego seeks a Technical Advisor for Private Sector and Partnership Engagement for maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) for the USAID MOMENTUM Private Sector Project in Indonesia. MOMENTUM Private Sector (MPS) is a five-year (2020-2025) $75 million global award that seeks to expand access to and use of evidence-based, quality maternal, newborn, and child health /family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) information, products, and services through private providers by (1) ensuring increased availability of and demand for quality MNCH/FP/RH information, services, and supplies offered by private providers; and (2) expanding public and private partnerships to ensure a total market approach (TMA) for improved health coverage. The MPS consortium is led by Population Services International (PSI), with partners Jhpiego, Avenir Health, ThinkWell, and FHI 360.
- Support and operationalize landscape assessment to identify key areas of intervention for private sector engagement as per the project scope
- Support strategic, business and operation design for potential service delivery, market shaping and innovation integration as per the requirement and their subsequent scale-up plans
- Along with STA, assess and advise on financial risks in implementing private sector engagement models and identify necessary mitigating and corrective actions.
- Along with STA, support collaborations with public and private sector for developing public private partnership (PPP) models
- Work with key partners to develop and leverage innovative financing mechanisms to sustainably engage private and non-public health providers
Partnership Development and Management:
- Landscape and assess areas of partnerships as per the need and requirements of the project
- Work across private, public and technical sectors to facilitate identification of synergies and opportunities for creative new partnerships
- Outline the areas of collaborations, forge and manage the partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and execute partnership strategies to achieve agreed objectives and mobilizing resources towards fulfilling the aim of the project
- Coordinate with partners implementing different models and ensure desired results are achieved in timely manner
Program Management and Monitoring:
- Support documentation of project results, successes, challenges and lessons learned.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of different models and generate evidence for further advocacy with Government for scaling up of models
- Work with M&E team to establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met
- Identify capacity building needs among team members and provide support for career development
Public Relations and Representations:
- Liaise with other partners working in MNH ecosystem in Indonesia
- Travel within the state or national level as per the project and organizational requirements.
- Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals.
- Advanced degree in business administration, public health, international affairs, policy, health reform, management, or a related field
- Strong medical, clinical and/or technical expertise working in low resource settings, particularly in clinical areas consistent with Jhpiego’s maternal, reproductive and child health strategy
- At least 7 years of overall experience of working with national/international NGOs in public health programs.
- At least 5 years working on private sector engagement and management
- In-depth understanding of private sector engagement strategies for advancing local innovation and entrepreneurial ventures
- Demonstrated experience of forging private sector partnerships in healthcare/non-health sectors in LMIC context
- Demonstrated hands on experience of managing multiple partners and leveraging resources from private sector/corporate sector.
- In-depth understanding of USAID’s policies, principles and frameworks of Private Sector Engagement and Journey to Self-Reliance
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to travel within Indonesia up to 40%.
- Prior experience of working on USAID Projects / other donor funded bilateral is desirable
- Ability to work with a diverse technical team.
- Ability to multitask and work under multicultural environment.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, private partners and other organizations including government counterparts.
- Ability to develop business plans and financial models for relevant healthcare interventions
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as reports, proposals, case studies etc.
- Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50 % of his/her time.
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position (e.g. Technical Advisor for Private Sector and Partnership Engagement).
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.