The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas.
Standards are the language of global trade and the basis for technological innovation. In a world of global value chains a well-functioning and internationally harmonized quality infrastructure is essential for efficient trade and sustainable economic growth. International cooperation on norms and standards, accreditation and conformity assessment procedures, as well as market surveillance and product safety is crucial for facilitating trade, ensuring consumer protection and strengthening innovation capacities.
Within the framework of the strategic partnership between Indonesia and Germany a bilateral Working Group on Quality Infrastructure will be established in the beginning of 2021. GIZ has been commissioned by BMWi to support this working group through the Global Project Quality Infrastructure (GPQI). It facilitates the dialogue between relevant political and technical stakeholders, including the German and Indonesian partner ministries as well as industries. GPQI advises on political developments, identifies current cooperation topics and implements activities in specific sectors.
As a global project, GPQI is also active in further countries in Asia and Latin America and is coordinated from GIZ office in Berlin, Germany.
but is not limited to: the incumbent supports the project in the political and technical dialogue on quality infrastructure to work towards reducing technical barriers to trade (TBT) and ensuing consumer safety. He/she is responsible for:
- providing policy and technical advice for German and Indonesian governments as well as private sector stakeholders.
- managing distinct cooperation topics (“project lines”) to meet the project objectives
- key account management with Indonesian project partners, i.e. government ministries and relevant authorities
In carrying out this role, the incumbent performs the following major functions:
- Management and coordination
- Contributes to conceptual and operational planning of the project (i.e. defining objectives, designing and scheduling activities, resources)
- Ensures and expands cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with relevant political partners and stakeholders
- Designs and implements activities with the support of experts and stakeholders
- Monitors project progress and its activities, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternatives
- Documents project activities, results, experiences, and best practices to ensure knowledge transfer
- Researches and monitors policy and economic developments on a continuous basis (e.g. newspapers, technical publications, academic articles, surveys and statistical data, government reports)
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concept papers and reports for the project
- Formulates terms of reference and supervises third parties in the course of carrying out project activities such as drafting studies, manuals, guidelines and performance evaluation
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Active participation in conferences and moderation of workshops
- Performs ad hoc duties and tasks at the request of project management
- Demonstrable expertise in the fields of trade and economic relations. Knowledge of basic processes in standardization, accreditation, conformity assessment, and market surveillance
- Advanced degree in an area relevant to the project, preferably in economics, engineering, business administration, public policy with a focus on a relevant field
- Knowledge of the quality infrastructure landscape in Indonesia and areas of bilateral trade with Germany
- 5-10 years’ professional experience, with at least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position (e.g. in governmental / international organizations, technical-scientific organizations, private sector)
- Experience in managing complex multi-stakeholder projects in an international context
- Experience in working with stakeholders from the government and/or industrial sector in Indonesia / Germany
- Advanced skills in designing, facilitating and moderating internal and external workshops and possibly capacity building events
- Advanced skills to independently write project reports and studies and for different target groups
- Publications in the field of quality infrastructure / trade barriers is an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good written and oral knowledge of English; German language is an advantage
- A team player and eager to bring in his/her expertise, experiences and networks into a highly dynamic field and international team. Solution oriented, able to explain complex issues in a comprehensible way and thinking outside the box.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor – Team Leader GIZ Business Hub Indonesia
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22nd, 2021 with subject line GPQI – Technical Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified