Job title: Team Leader, INTEGRITAS Indonesia – Green Corruption programme, Indonesia
Place of work: Jakarta, Indonesia
Employment rate: 100%
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: 1 year with possibility of extension
Basel Institute on Governance
The Basel Institute on Governance is an international and independent not-for-profit organisation working worldwide with the public and private sector to counter corruption and other financial crimes and to improve the quality of governance. Registered as a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Basel, the Institute operates globally and maintains field operations around the world.
The Basel Institute’s Green Corruption programme focuses on applying our in-house expertise and experience in relation to the prevention of corruption and the enforcement of anti-corruption and anti-money laundering standards to the environmental sector. The programme covers corruption and financial crime related to the illegal trade in wildlife, forestry and timber products, fish and mining.
The Green Corruption programme is looking for a Team Leader to lead the additional three staff members that form the Basel Institute’s contribution to the INTEGRITAS programme in Indonesia. We are looking for an exceptionally motivated, knowledgeable, reliable, flexible and driven individual who is able to work independently.
Under the supervision of the Switzerland-based Green Corruption Team Leader and in coordination with the project’s other consortium members based in Jakarta, the Team Leader will manage the technical experts and support staff, as well as being responsible for on-the-ground management and administration of the programme. The Team Leader will also work closely with the Team Leader and other team members at the Institute to develop concept notes and other programme documentation.
This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Only Indonesian nationals are eligible to apply.
The Team Leader will be contracted for a 12-month period, which, upon satisfactory performance, could be extended further. The Team Leader, INTEGRITAS Indonesia reports to the Team Leader of the (global) Green Corruption programme.
Management and supervision
- Empower three team members (one fisheries crime expert, one corporate compliance expert and one programme officer) to deliver on the programme objectives to the fullest degree.
- Track the programme budget, expenditure, and human resources.
- Ensure technical deliverables are met on time and in high quality.
- Serve as the lead day-to-day representative to the INTEGRITAS Consortium.
Collaboration with Government of Indonesia
- In collaboration with consortium leadership, engage with Government of Indonesia and state-owned enterprise staff to develop and deliver programming.
Programme administration and management
- Ensure programme implementation is conducted in compliance with USAID, Basel Institute and applicable Government of Indonesia regulations.
- Monitor and control expenditure against programme budgets, conduct financial forecasting and contribute to financial reporting.
- Coordinate the collection of information for substantive programme reports, including interim and/or annual update reports.
- Contribute to the design and monitoring of work plans and monitoring & evaluation (M&E) tools in consultation with the programme’s technical experts to ensure programmes deliver against objectives, meet donor requirements and align with the Institute’s Green Corruption programme strategy.
- In coordination with the programme’s technical experts, ensure deliverable are delivered on time, meet objectives and are in compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure adequate programme documentation.
- Collate documentation/other administrative requirements to comply with due diligence and grant requirements.
- Support other Basel Institute development efforts in Indonesia.
- Support programme planning and implementation by liaising with partner organisations, consultants and beneficiaries on programmatic and administrative matters as required by the programme’s technical experts.
- Facilitate and support the coordination between consortium members and the team at the Institute.
- Contribute to stakeholder management, including but not limited to government counterparts, donors, partners, civil society representatives, etc.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in law, political sciences, international relations, public or business management, or other relevant fields.
- At least five years of experience managing donor-funded governance programmes or programme components, preferably by USAID.
- Substantial experience in costing and budgeting as well as financial management for development projects.
- Experience writing operational reports.
- Experience working on development projects in the areas of anti-corruption, governance or the environment is not a requirement but a definite advantage.
- Experience liaising with Indonesian Government agencies and state-owned enterprises an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience with M&E an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across time zones while maintaining close contact with the team, communicating transparently and proactively, and reliably adhering to timelines.
- Salary Offer Offer We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic and international team spirit. The work is both routine and varied, and offers scope for initiative and innovation. The salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and social security benefits will be provided.