TITLE: TB Technical/Gender Officer, TB Private Sector
LOCATION: Jakarta Indonesia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: TB Technical/Gender Officer for the USAID TB Private Sector Activity based in Indonesia. The goal of this activity is to increase and improve the diagnosis, notification, and successful treatment of tuberculosis (TB) by leveraging and utilizing private sector platforms.
Reporting to the Private Sector TB Advisor, the TB Technical/Gender Officer will be responsible for providing technical support in designing and implementing TB Private Sector activities and serve as a content matter resource on TB care and control. S/he provides evidence-based technical advice based on proven methods and strategies, current practice and established operational and research standards. S/he stays updated on the latest development in TB care and control research and practices and will serve in a coordinating role with the National TB Program, Ministry of Health, NGOs civil societies and other partners.
The position shall be based in Jakarta, Indonesia and for a period of up to 5 years.
- Provide TB technical support to the Activity team
- Understand key gaps and challenges associated with current TB control efforts through the private sector and contribute towards effort to find solutions.
- Support the development of strong technical resources and materials for the Activity.
- Contribute to the Activity’s annual workplan and Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including analyzing data.
- Support the planning and implementation of training and capacity building activities.
- Ensure Activity implementation meets national policies, standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and provide technical support to field-level implementation to ensure activities are of high quality and account for the Activity’s gender strategy.
- Ensure gender disparities in TB control and care are addressed by conducting routine Activity-wide gender analyses, identifying gaps, and planning for integrating gender throughout the activity.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation tools employ gender-sensitive indicators and data are disaggregated by gender; support design of studies to ensure they explore gender-related dimensions of TB.
- Provide technical guidance on gender integration across the components of the Activity.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- Advanced degree or its international equivalent in public health, social sciences, or related areas.
- At least 5 years of experience working with TB programs, with some experience working with the private sector.
- Experience working with the Government of Indonesia’s National TB Program.
- Knowledge/experience of TB issues, policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships with Government personnel at the national and subnational levels.
- Understanding of gender disparities in TB control efforts in Indonesia and experience conducting gender analyses.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with diverse group of staff members.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English; fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career website at the link below by the latest 25th July 2021.