USAID – INVESTING IN HUMAN CAPITAL FOR DISASTER MANAGEMENT (INVEST DM) 2.0 PROGRAM
Mercy Corps Indonesia (MCI) is a local Indonesian non-profit organization, which implements humanitarian and development assistance programs throughout the country. MCI’s mission is to empower people in Indonesia to become healthy, productive, and resilient communities. Resilience means an ability to recover form or adjust easily to misfortune or change.
Under USAID/OFDA funding, Mercy Corps is implementing its “Investing in Human Capital for Disaster Management” (INVEST) 2.0 program in the national level. USAID INVEST DM 2.0 will work to support the Government of Indonesia (GOI) disaster management institutions and people at key administrative levels to be better equipped to fulfill their mandate to deliver effective DRM services and save lives. USAID INVEST DM 2.0 seeks to provide a holistic approach to support Indonesia’s disaster management institutions, supporting BNPB’s own ‘people-centered’ approach, where comprehensive inputs in the areas of: technical capacity in preparedness-response-recovery; policy and planning; governance; and organizational development. These areas are grounded in human capital, serving to capacitate and reinforce the people that make it all function. This means supporting GOI personnel at the national and sub-national levels alike.
TALENT MANAGEMENT SENIOR OFFICER (TMSO) – USAID INVEST DM 2.0
General Position Summary
The Talent Management Senior Officer (TMSO) position will be based in Jakarta and work under the direct supervision of the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 Operation Coordinator. The position will work closely with the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Government Relations & Legal/Policy Advisor, Outcome Managers/Senior Specialists, Senior GESI Specialists, Senior Communications/Knowledge Management Specialist, BNPB-USAID secretariat embedded SPO as well as YMCI’s HR Manager and the Operations and Procurement Unit. The TMSO will also support to USAID INVEST DM 2.0 consortium partners, as required. The TMSO will be responsible for all aspects related to the administration of the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 short-term technical assistance (STTA) and long-term technical assistance (LTTA) portfolio, including the identification, recruitment, mobilization, performance monitoring and relationship management of USAID INVEST DM 2.0 short term technical consultants (STTC) and national facilitators/trainers/resources persons. The TMSO will periodically (quarterly) review the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 work plan and consult with the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 Operation Coordinator, DCOP, outcome managers, partners, to determine USAID INVEST DM 2.0 STTA, LTTA and national facilitator needs.
The position will be based in Jakarta. Some travel may be required to the field or to meet with consortium partners, or plan STTA/LTTA requirements or monitor consultant/national facilitator performance
Essential Job Responsibilities
Under the direction of the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 COP and DCOP, and the supervision of the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 Operations Coordinator the TMSO will:
- Prepare, plan, and manage the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 program STTA/LTTA portfolio of consultants and national facilitators/trainers/resource persons.
- Consult with the STTA/LTTA originator (YMCI or Consortium Partners) to determine LOE, technical inputs, and deliverables, and prepare and/or review consultant and national facilitator Scope of Work (SOW).
- Prepare Procurement Requests and coordinate with the YMCI Procurement Team on the processing of the STTA/LTTA PRs, and preparation of consultant and national facilitator service contracts, in accordance with Mercy Corps Indonesia (MCI) procurement guidelines.
- Identify and source potential candidates through various channels, such as job boards, social media, networking, referrals, and direct sourcing.
- Conduct periodic market surveys (EOI) to identify and prequalify a pool of experts and national facilitators/trainers based on the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 workplan and create an STTA/LTTA deployment schedule.
- Develop and maintain the USAID INVEST DM 2.0 consultant and national facilitator/trainer/resource person database.
- Manage consultant and national facilitator/trainer/resource person relationships through regular dialogue and communication by phone and email,
- Facilitate the recruitment of consultants including negotiation of fee rates in accordance to (a) MC procurement guidelines, (b) salary history, qualifications and experience of expert, (c) established market rates, and (d) LOE required to deliver the SOW;
- Prepare procurement plan of STTA/LTTA and contribute to the development of the project procurement plan.
- Plan and manage consultant and national facilitator mobilization (pre-deployment, onsite and de-mobilization) including predeparture briefing/s, booking of air and land travel, accommodation, allowances, and any other (administrative) matters pertaining to the assignment such as indemnity and travel insurances, etc.
- Maintain and monitor consultant contract end date and extension if required.
- Coordinate with each outcome managers, partners on STTA/LTTA completion of service reporting.
- Prepare payment requests and financial completion report for consultants/national facilitators after completed the task.
- Prepare consultant and national facilitator related correspondence (formal and informal) as required.
- Maintain archived documents associated with the STTA/LTTA including consultants and national facilitators/trainers/resource persons both manual and on-line filing properly.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends or on holiday, as needed with compensatory time-off, as approved by the Operations Coordinator or COP.
- Prepare a monthly activity report to be submitted at the end of each months and provide STTA/LTTA transaction record for BAST reporting.
Knowledge and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have good experience and a track record of success in recruiting talent consultants, an understanding of the consultant hiring market, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands.
- At least 5 years of experience is required. Procurements (particularly in the recruitment of consultants), Administrative, Programmatic, and Consulting Service experience is a plus.
- The candidate must have strong negotiation and communication skills, document/ report writing, good understanding and skills of English speaking and writing, as well as Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer programs is a must.
- Effective time management and organization skills including priority setting and responding to program needs.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps Indonesia is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field projects.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter that specifically addresses how you will handle this job responsibilities via https://www.mercycorps.or.id/peluang and fill in the position code:
The vacancy will be closed on 22 November 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia