RISE Programme in Indonesia is now recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: English and Indonesian Editor-Translator (Full Time)
Terms of Employment: 2 years fixed terms contract with a possible 1 year extension
Work Location: Jakarta
Reporting to: Programme Manager
RISE Programme in Indonesia (RISE) is an education research program led by The SMERU Research Institute, funded by United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) and Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). In this five-year research program, SMERU is partnering with the Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) and the Mathematica Policy Research (Mathematica) to identify issues of Indonesia’s education system and to encourage changes in components of the education system, which is a necessity for improving learning outcomes. RISE Programme in Indonesia specifically monitors the implementation of teacher reform in decentralized Indonesia and reviews how far the teacher reform can improve learning outcome.
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager, the Survey & Data Officer will play a major role in ensuring that the quality of RISE and SMERU surveys and data management system is supported and of high technical standards. She or he will work in coordination with ICT officer of The SMERU Research Institute.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Acting as the point of reference to the SMERU researchers to maintain data consistency and
to enrich the information.
- With relevant researchers, prepare data entry system and data cleaning protocols. This
includes supervising data entry personnel and conducting data cleaning.
- Coordinate all RISE and SMERU surveys, ensuring compatibility and enabling relevant data
to be merged across surveys. This may include ensuring ability to merge RISE and SMERU
primary data with secondary data from Statistics Indonesia or other sources.
- Ensuring data attributes have been clearly defined and completed.
- Document data collected by the RISE team and SMERU researchers and develop relevant
- Maintaining list of available data and preparing preview of data to support the team in
- Supporting the team in using online form for data collection and integrating it to the current
- Performing data backup on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree (with at least three years relevant experience) in Information Systems or
- Experience in managing micro data survey (household, school, etc.)
- Experience in managing qualitative data using a software, e.g. Nvivo
- Experience in implementing CAPI for interview and data collection.
- Good understanding of MS. Access or SQL Server, Google Form or any online form
- Familiarity with CSPro and CSEntry or any form builder for PC and mobile device, such as
SurveyCTO, is an advantage.
- Enjoys working in a team setting.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Qualified and interested applicants should send an application containing 1) cover letter
addressing the qualifications stated above, 2) detailed resume, and 3) contact details of three
referees no later than 26 November 2017.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with mentioning the position title in
the subject of the email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.