Médecins Sans Frontières are now seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill in the position of: Supply Logistic Manager.
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all supply/logistics related activities in the mission and providing sup-port to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the projects.
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the mission including the following:
- Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain procedures for the mission (Order Processing, Procurement, Warehouse and Transport and Customs).
- Defining and revising the supply strategy of the mission together with the coordination team according to the mission’s context and the operational needs.
- Identifying and pre-validating supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders, etc.).
- Logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions)
- WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities
- Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Responsible for HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, and detection of potential, develop-ment) of logistics staff in the mission.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, security policy and guidelines.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines.
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Support the mission in developing and setting up, implementing and monitoring the mission supply chain including all procedures as well as maintain links to administration (contracts) and finance (accounting).
- Support the development and implementation of logistics policies and procedures for the mission – including fleet management, stock management, safety and security management.
- Support and supervise the logistics team in IT support and base management including fleet management.
- Maintain all contracts related to supply and logistics and ensure adequate follow-ups.
- Contribute to the development of e-prep strategy and ensure adequate implementation if needed
- Be responsible for mission logistics budgeting and contribute to forecasting and annual budgets
- Ensure all reporting is done properly and timely.
- Communicate directly with the technical referents in HQ for support on supply and logistics.
- Desirable university undergraduate degree Technical ,Logistics Management, Busi-ness management or related field.
- At least five years professional experiences in similar jobs, preferably as an engi-neer/supply chain manager/WATSAN.
- Knowledge of other local language is desirable (aside from Bahasa Indonesia), proficiency in English is a must.
- Computer literacy.
- People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.