USAID SEGAR is seeking a Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) to support e-STDB improvement in East Kutai, East Kalimantan. The STTA is expected to commence as soon as possible through December 31, 2023, with a Level of Effort (LoE) of 24 days. Code: STDB.
The Sustainable Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR) Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. To achieve this overall goal, USAID SEGAR works on two objectives: (i) strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advances biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use; (ii) increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
The overarching USAID SEGAR intervention strategy is based on the principle that better environmental governance, reduced GHG emissions and the conservation of biodiversity in Indonesia involves more effective participation and action by a broad range of stakeholders including the government, communities, as well as private companies, and smallholders. Within this concept of supporting sustainable commodity, USAID Sustainable Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR) will be support local government to improve its commodity registration system or Surat Tanda Daftar Budidaya (STDB), including the e-STDB.
Under this SOW, the East Kalimantan Provincial consultant will support East Kutai local government to improve the e-STDB system which will include: (i) provide technical assistance to local government on improving the e-STDB system; (ii) undertaking training for local government on e-STDB as needed; (iii) assist, accelerate, monitor and report the STDB registration through e-STDB in the field.
- To provide technical assistance to East Kutai Local Governments on improving the e-STDB system.
- To provide training for East Kutai Local Government on e-STDB as needed.
- To assist, accelerate, monitor and report the STDB registration through e-STDB in East Kutai.
- The design (mock-up) and manual of improved East Kutai e-STDB system.
- At least 10 staffs of Plantation Agency trained on the improved e-STDB system.
- 300 STDB registered through e-STDB in East Kutai.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- LOE 10 days – Provide technical assistant to East Kutai Local Government on improving the e-STDB system
- LOE 4 days – Provide training for East Kutai Local Government on e-STDB as needed.
- LOE 10 days – Assist, accelerate, monitor and report the STDB registration through e-STDB in East Kutai.
- Monthly report on he STDB registered through e-STDB in East Kutai, which showing at least 300 smallholders registered through e-STDB.
- System improvement: 1) The mockup/design of STDB improvement; and 2) Manual of improved e-STDB process. This deliverable is expected in between September – December 2023.
- Training report on e-STDB. This deliverable is expected in December 2023.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant development field, such as forestry, agriculture, information engineering, data science etc.
- At least 4 years of experience working with some experience in the natural resources, agriculture and/or forestry sectors, preferably with USAID.
- Demonstrated experience in working on information technolocy (IT) development/improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with local organization, community and government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating and monitor system improvement.
- Fluency in oral and written Bahasa.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “STDB – Yourname”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.