USAID SEGAR is seeking one Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) Graphic Designer to support SEGAR Activity in creating and designing various materials for print and digital collateral.
USAID SEGAR is a five-year project that aims to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. USAID SEGAR contributes to the 2020 – 2025 USAID Indonesia Country Development Cooperation Strategy, Development Objective 3: Environmental Sustainability Improved, and Intermediate Result 1, Natural Resource Management Improved. USAID SEGAR works in four regions with total twelve intervention districts; 1) Aceh (Aceh Tamiang, Aceh Utara, Aceh Timur); 2) Central Kalimantan (Seruyan, Kotawaringin Barat); 3) West Kalimantan (Ketapang, Kubu Raya, Sanggau, Sintang); and 4) East Kalimantan (Berau, Kutai Timur, Mahakam Ulu).
As part of communications activities, USAID SEGAR will need to produce publications and other visual materials to support branding and marking purpose. Product development will evolve as the Activity rolls out. The aim of having a graphic designer consultant is to support the USAID SEGAR Communications Team in creating and designing various materials for print and digital collateral. Design support will be needed to position USAID SEGAR Activity as well as support technical implementation, raise awareness about biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use, disseminate achievements, best practices, and reports by using visuals so that the information is more attractive and easier to comprehend.
Tasks & Deliverables
- Develop concept and lead the creative process to design publications and visual communication materials. The materials include, but not limited to brochure, flyers, books, reports, fact sheets, newsletters, infographics, icons, posters, document templates, banners, backdrop, exhibition materials, social media content (video, illustration).
- Improve and edit artwork, photos, or other graphic elements.
- Perform quality controls of the materials and ensure they are produced in accordance with USAID branding and marking principles.
- Provide recommendation/creative insights on the production process of materials.
- The deliverables or products include, but are not limited to design of brochure, flyers, books, reports, fact sheets, newsletters, infographics, icons, posters, document templates, banners, backdrop, exhibition materials, social media content (video, illustration).
- Period of service: November 2021 – April 2022
- Level of efforts: 50 days
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in visual communication design or related field.
- Display a strong portfolio and exhibit a solid understanding of design principles, knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, and print, and have abilities to communicate ideas and messages through visuals.
- Fluent in graphic design tools or software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- Familiar with USAID Graphic Standards Manual and Partner Co-Branding Guide to ensure the design of each product adheres to USAID’s branding and marking requirements.
- Experience with photography and videography is a plus.
- Fluency in Indonesian, strong working proficiency in English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines.
- Preferably Jakarta homebased.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “STTA GD – Your Name”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.