USAID SEGAR is seeking a Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) Finance Data Entry to support SEGAR Activity at national level and based in Jakarta, with a minimum of two-days work in office per week. The STTA is expected to commence as soon as possible through September 30, 2023, with a Level of Effort (LoE) of 60 days. Code: FDE.
USAID SEGAR is a five-year (2021 – 2026) Activity designed to advance Indonesia’s development objectives in balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. To accomplish this, targeted subnational jurisdictions with high conservation values and high carbon stocks will be under improved management of natural resources that measurably conserves biodiversity, decreases greenhouse gas emissions from unsustainable land use, and promotes sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
As part of an effort to improve overall Activity management, particularly regarding budget performance, an internal budget monitoring tool has been developed. The data presented in the budget monitoring tool is disaggregated by region, objective, expected outcome and main expenditure category. To underpin its effectiveness as a management tool, the Activity seeks to engage a Data Entry STTA to provide support to the SEGAR Finance Team, mainly in ensuring all financial transactions are recorded in a timely fashion into the budget monitoring tool and reviewed for accuracy and completeness. The Data Entry STTA will work closely with the Finance Team and report directly to the Senior Finance Manager.
The Finance Data Entry is responsible for ensuring all financial transactions are recorded in a timely fashion in the Activity Budget Monitoring Tool and provide support to the SEGAR Finance Team.
An accurate budget monitoring tool, updated monthly and with correct data entry.
- Execute data entry to the budget monitoring tool.
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded in a timely fashion into the budget monitoring tool and reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain and update data in the budget monitoring tool on a weekly basis (to underpin monthly reporting) and present to Senior Finance Manager.
- Perform data review of forecasts and expenses and manage relevant trackers (tracker travel day, per diem, etc.).
- Conduct simple data analysis and present data properly.
- Enter and verify accuracy of data from worksheets into budget monitoring tool.
- Identify any incorrect links or formulas and report to Senior Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistic, mathematics, computer engineering.
- At least two-years of experience working on data entry.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software.
- Prior experience working on USAID programs and working in an international NGO environment
- Highly numerate.
- Organized and responsible.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and writing.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “FDE – Yourname”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.