|: Stakeholder Engagement Manager
|: Head of Stakeholder Engagement
|: Mid-level management (Indonesian National)
|: One year, with a possibility of extension
|: Jakarta, Indonesia
Background of the Program
In its first year of the project, KONEKSI has experienced rapid growth and has gained increased trust to manage the project with greater responsibility. Therefore, we are in need of highly competent and dedicated professionals to join the KONEKSI team
The DFAT-funded Knowledge Partnership Platform (KONEKSI) is Australia’s flagship program in the Indonesia knowledge and innovation sector. KONEKSI’s goal is to achieve an enduring relationship between Indonesia and Australia that advances mutual interest and supports Indonesia’s inclusive and sustainable development. The purpose of the programme is to increase the use of knowledge-based solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies. This purpose positions KONEKSI as a vehicle to produce knowledge on complex socio-economic problems, where effective solutions are often beyond a unique sector or category of stakeholders. It will support both the knowledge to policy cycle (K2P) and the knowledge to innovation cycle (K2I), in a complementary and synergistic way. KONEKSI will focus on two End of Investment Outcomes (EOIOs):
- Australian and Indonesian organisations have increased collaboration and mutual understanding through knowledge partnerships; and
- Innovative solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies are generated by knowledge partnerships.
Summary of the Position
The Stakeholder Engagement Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Stakeholder Engagement in delivering high quality technical assistance to GoI in the research and innovation sector as well as supporting relationships with key GoI officials on the KONEKSI steering and technical committees and working groups.
- In cooperation with the Head of Stakeholder Engagement, manage technical assistance and other related work plan activities to KONEKSI Government of Indonesia partners.
- Broker positive and supportive relationships with Bappenas, BRIN, and MOEC-RT at the technical level to ensure clear communication on project implementation in order to meet overall program goal and objectives.
- Provide regular updates to KONEKSI GoI partners on project implementation at a technical level and respond to challenges and opportunities.
- Ensure effective planning of KONEKSI’s governance mechanisms, including coordination of participation of GoI officials at Program Steering Committees and Technical Working Groups.
- A postgraduate qualification (or other relevant qualification and substantial professional experience) in international development, policy and innovation, or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years working in the research and innovation sector with Government of Indonesia
- Analytical capacity and demonstrated ability to process and analyse technical information.
- Previous experience working with Government of Indonesia and aligning GOI needs with project objectives.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities simultaneously, while executing against key deliverables with excellence.
- Advanced networking and relationship building skills and ability to work within GOI bureaucracy.
- Knowledge of research and innovation sector in Indonesia including appropriate levels of knowledge about GoI and how changes may impact the research sector.
- Demonstrated facilitation and communication skills, including experience facilitating participatory events and workshops.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relations and networking skills and ability to develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders.
- Commitment to gender equality, disability, and social inclusion.
- Fluency in English and Indonesian.
Applications should be sent to KONEKSI by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by 18 February 2024 COB (05.00 PM, Western Indonesia Time)
- Please write “KONEKSI – SEM – ( Name )” in the email subject line.
- Women, people with disabilities, and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.