Job Posting: Dec 30, 2019, 5:49:35 PM
Closing Date: Jan 20, 2020, 10 PM
Primary Location: Indonesia-Jakarta
Organization: SE_INO WR Office, Indonesia
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
The objective of the Health Systems Strengthening Unit is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health for further development and implementation of national policies and strategies for health systems strengthening (HSS) to accelerate universal health coverage (UHC) in Indonesia based on the primary health care (PHC) approach. In operationalizing this objective, a key aspect is working with both health programmes as well as health-related stakeholders in a multi-sectoral approach to HSS for UHC, especially other ministries and including development partners.
Human Resources for Health (HRH) is a key indicator for UHC in the SDGs: 3.c.1 Health worker density and distribution. Further, HRH is a priority for WHO in South-East Asia as incapsulated in the Regional Director’s Flagship. Specific focus is being given to strengthening cadres and retention in areas that contribute to primary health care.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, Health Systems Strengthening, the incumbent will:
- Support the Unit’s technical assistance to Ministry of Health – Republic of Indonesia (MoH) on evidence-based HRH policy and planning for PHC including sub-national planning with the broader context of strengthening HSS.
- Support the Unit’s technical assistance to Ministry of Health on data collection, analyses and reporting for decision-making and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) towards national targets and SDG on UHC, including capacity development in the use of WHO tools and techniques to support analyses and M&E.
- Coordination of programme specific HRH activities across the units of the WHO Indonesia Office.
- Undertake any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor as required.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Sound understanding of principles of public health, health research, health policy and knowledge translation
- First university degree in public health or health related sciences.
- Master’s degree in public health or related health sciences with a particular focus on health systems or human resources for health.
- PhD in public health or related health sciences with a focus on human resources for health.
- 5 (five) years of professional work experience in the area of health systems strengthening
- At least 3 years of experience in human resources for health
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English and native language skills in Bahasa Indonesia
- Computer literacy: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications; and familiarity with statistical software.
A written test may be used as a form of screening for the short-listed applicants. The performance in written test will decide on applicant’s eligibility to appear in the interview.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.