About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role which trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
This Southeast Asia (SEA) Regional Finance and Corporate Services Manager will manage and lead the finance, contracting and procurement functions, ensuring effective processes, procedures and controls are in place and in-line with internal policies and professional standards. Under the leadership of the Regional Coordinator the incumbent will ensure the delivery of Finance and Corporate services in the Indonesia Country Office, directly, and in the Country Offices within the SEA region, by indirectly supervising and coordinating with the appropriate Country Administrators. Key tasks of the incumbent will cover:
- Implement and ensure internal controls and monitoring
- Lead and supervise country finance officers in every aspect of operations related to finance/accounting and reporting
- Budgeting and reporting (donors and centre-wide)
- Contracting and corporate aspects of project management
- Procurement and asset management
The Southeast Asia Regional Office has 3 country offices: Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines, and operates also in Myanmar, Thailand as well as in neighbouring countries in SEA. ICRAF Southeast Asia has a total of 109 regular staff (supported by experts and consultants hired for specific skills). The Indonesia Country Program employs or hosts 77 out of the 109 staff, composed of 50 or so scientific staff with the remainder providing support in finance, human resources, project and general administration, communications, IT and general services. The region typically runs 18-20 projects at one time, with a total grant value of USD 30 million.
For a detailed Job Description please visit http://www.worldagroforestry.org/region/sea/career
- A Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration/Management.
- Membership in a local or international Public Institute of Certified Public Accountants is desirable
- Must display experience and expertise in managing support services units
- Financial management training is essential.
- In lieu of a Masters’ Degree, should have more than fifteen (15) years of relevant working experience in accounting and financial management
- Extensive supervisory experience, with a more than ten (10) years’ experience working within a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment in a multinational corporation or an international organization.
- Experience and ability to conduct both formal and on the job training, and foster the career development goals of staff
- National of one of the Southeast Asia countries
- An excellent command of English, spoken and written is required
- Strong team player and ability to work with diverse individuals and organizations.
- High-level skills and knowledge in area of responsibility.
- Proven ability to network with peers in the region/countries and similar non-profit organizations across the region, to access best practices related to financial management, accounting and internal controls
- Proven experience dealing with donor requirements on financial reporting
- Proven ability to review, write and articulate policies and processes for Finance that can be applied in ICRAF, not only within the region, but globally, across the whole Center
- Proven ability to lead training, mentoring and learning programs, and other related activities
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of independence, objectivity and integrity in all aspects of personal and work activities/relationships.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a regionally-recruited position and will be for an initial period of two (2) years, renewable subject to a five (5) months’ probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply