KfW Development Bank
KfW Group is one of the world’s leading promotional banks. As an integral part of KfW Group, KfW Development Bank carries out Germany’s Financial Cooperation with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the Federal Government. The around 900 staff at its head office in Frankfurt, Germany and about 200 specialists in over 70 local offices cooperate with partners all over the world. Our top priorities are to improve people’s prospects for a better life, to protect the environment and to combat climate change.
The KfW Representative Office in Jakarta is looking to hire a Sector Coordinator
Indonesia is one of Germany’s global development partners. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Development and Economic Cooperation (BMZ) KfW finances an ambitious climate change agenda. As part of this agenda the Indonesian and German governments jointly pursue the Indonesian-German Green Infrastructure Initiative. Primary goal of the Green Infrastructure Initiative is to contribute to the country’s ambitious climate targets by reducing the emission of greenhouse gases in Indonesia. This objective shall be achieved through the development and implementation of climate-relevant investment projects as well as reform programmes in the areas of urban public transport, solid waste management, and urban water and waste water management. For this purpose, the German government through KfW Development Bank will provide concessional loans of up to EUR 2.5 billion to the Indonesian government.
KfW seeks to complement its growing team by hiring a Sector Coordinator for the field of Solid Waste Management and Circular Economy
As part of the Green Infrastructure Initiative Team lead by the Principal Portfolio Manager and under the overall direction of the Director of KfW Office Jakarta the Sector Coordinator shall be responsible for further developing and maintaining KfW’s project pipeline in the field of Solid Waste Management and Circular Economy.
The establishment of strong and trustful working relationships with key staff at the Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MoPWH), the Ministry of National Development Planning (Bappenas), the Coordinating Ministry of Marine Affairs and Investment (CMMAI), with representatives from relevant Provinces and local Governments as well as other development partners such as ADB, WB, GIZ, AFD, SECO, etc. is seen as crucial for this position. Based on such relationships the Sector Coordinator shall closely collaborate with relevant stakeholders and colleagues in Indonesia and Germany to, among others,
- Identify and actively pursue potential infrastructure investment opportunities
- Provide project related guidance and support
- Facilitate the development of solutions for challenges encountered in project preparation and implementation
- Establish a regular exchange of sector and project related information with key stakeholders and attend / chair relevant meetings
- Represent KfW at workshops, conferences and seminars
- Prepare relevant briefings for management, reports and presentations.
The scope of the position will be regularly reviewed and might be adapted in accordance to the needs of the Green Infrastructure Initiative and of KfW Office Jakarta.
Requirements and skills are, inter alia,
- Graduate Degree/MBA in urban planning, infrastructure, sustainability, climate management or equivalent
- 10 years of working experience in development financing or in the management of internationally financed development programmes or similar activities
- Experience in developing new project ideas and creating new opportunities
- Proven experience in providing guidance to and dealing with senior levels of the Government of Indonesia as well as management level of other institutions
- Proven experience with regulations and procedures of relevant parts and levels of the Government of Indonesia (including Blue Book/ Green Book)
- Strong analytical and comprehension skills and ability to express those easily in writing
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) is a must
On a personal level we are looking for you if you are
- Indonesian National
- Excellent communicator, also in front of larger groups/meetings
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work with colleagues and experts with different cultural background
- Working in a structured and at the same time goal-oriented way, in which concrete solutions are developed for possible challenges
- Highly organised and able to work your way through multiple players of administration
- Tenacious, pro-active and ready to work hard to move the agenda along
- Competitive remuneration in accordance with your experience and qualifications
- A two-year contract with a view to extending it indefinitely
- A constructive and communicative working environment
- Social benefit package
- Training, also in Germany
We would ideally like the Sector Coordinator to join our team as soon as possible.
Contact and application Process
Interested candidates should provide
- Cover letter incl. salary expectations
by 16 September 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Green Infrastructure Initiative / Solid Waste Management” in the subject line.
Only applications providing the requested documentation will be considered.
To learn more about KfW Development Bank please visit our website www.kfw-entwicklungsbank.de