Do you have a background in developing and overseeing the implementation of socio-environmental safeguard for REDD+ project? Do you think in terms of improvements, and are you driven by results? Are you a team player? Then apply for our Socio-Environmental Safeguard Specialist position and join our team.
YIDH is collaborating with UNDP and Provincial Government of West Kalimantan (WK) in implementing Governor’s Climate and Forests Task Force (GCF-TF) Window-B Project. The project aims to continue the Window-A project that has been completed in 2020, in strengthening the jurisdiction approach across different jurisdictional levels that will collaboratively reduce emissions from deforestation and the degradation of peatland and forests. The project will focus on on aggregating activities under a jurisdictional-based model using a Production-Protection-Inclusion (PPI) Compact and connected with the Sub-National REDD+ Taskforce.
To implement Window B project and to support other YIDH programs in West Kalimantan, YIDH is recruiting a Socio-Environmental Safeguard Specialist who will be based in Pontianak, West Kalimantan Province.
You will be based in Pontianak, West Kalimantan and report directly to the Convening Leader and work closely with the Landscape Program Team. You will be in charge of developing and overseeing the implementation of socio-environmental safeguard for Window B project.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Conducting review, analysis, and develop Socio-Environmental Safeguard documents that key stakeholders agree in the province and district level.
- Develop a Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Plan, and Indigenous Involvement Plan and conduct a public consultation with the stakeholder for the plan.
- Oversee the implementation of the Socio-Environmental Safeguard by collecting data or information in each project activity and from project partners.
- Develop a grievance Mechanism that adopts IDH’s SpeakUp Policy and socialize the policy to the stakeholder at the province and district level.
- Follow up each grievance or complaint from stakeholders to the project based on the developed grievance mechanism and system.
- Review proposals, progress, and analytical reports submitted by project partners against the adoption and implementation of Socio-Environmental Safeguard.
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the incorporation of Socio-Environmental Safeguard into project implementation and ensuring UNDP and YIDH Result Measurement Framework standards are integrated into project activities.
- Undertake capacity building activities on Socio-Environmental Safeguard, including training of the project team, and other stakeholders in the justice sector on the use of guidelines to mainstream Socio-Environmental Safeguard in the project activities.
- Closely communicate with Provincial Focal Point on Socio-Environmental Safeguard.
Who you are
You are a person with an excellent talent who enjoys collaboration and teamwork and can work independently. You are proactive, highly analytical with attention to detail and follow-up capabilities. You can organize work efficiently and work in a fast-paced environment. You should be culturally sensitive and patient to maintain good working relations with colleagues and contracted partners. You are well managed to perform under pressure and have a positive attitude.
Proficiency in spoken and written English is absolute, and you have strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you bring
You have a bachelor’s degree in forestry, agriculture, environment, social science/development studies, or related field. You have worked at least 5+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings, experience in managing the UNDP program is preferable. You have a strong background in Socio-Environmental Safeguard, mainly related to REDD+ activities.
Who are we
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau (YIDH), a grantee of IDH Sustainable Trade Initiative (“IDH”), accelerates and up-scales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society, governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes.
What we offer
We offer a challenging position within a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year consultant contract but with the possibility of extension.