The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is globally headquartered within the Economics Department at MIT. J-PAL Southeast Asia (J-PAL SEA) is one of seven independent regional offices based around the world hosted at local universities. J-PAL is a pioneer of using randomized evaluations to answer critical policy questions in the fight against poverty. J-PAL SEA, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research, Faculty for Economic and Business at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI) seeks a qualified applicant for Short Term Consultant for Finance & Operations (STC) position to support the activities in a vibrant organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
Short Term Consultant for Finance and Operations (STC) will report directly to J-PAL SEA’s Finance and Operations Manager based in Jakarta. The STC will be responsible for performing a range of financial and administration tasks to support efficient office operations.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Finance Associate in preparing and ensuring all finance supporting documents are complete and valid in line with the J-PAL SEA’s finance policies;
- Administering tax recapitulation, vendor, and activity budget tracker;
- Filing supporting documents, record, and reconciling bank transactions for LPEM in Odoo system;
- Prepare supporting documents for office procurement.
- Maintain the knowledge base with Finance and Administrative Associate;
- Maintain a central filing system, inventory of office supplies and asset, and oversee the maintenance of the office equipment and its facilities;
- Liaise with travel agent and assist all staff to prepare travel arrangements such as flights and lodging for either domestic or international travel;
- Coordinate with Administrative Associate in the Human Resource Management, including recruiting new staff, drafting contract, staff on-boarding;
- In close coordination with the Policy and the Research team, the STC will provide the logistical support as needed for a wide range of training, workshops, and webinars.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or relevant studies.
- No working experience is required, but experience in organizations is preferred.
- Work Management: Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties as well as to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Orientation to Details: Strong ability to manage a time-sensitive workflow while maintaining absolute accuracy with details.
- Communication: Attention to detail and good writing and presentation skills for communicating the office policy and guideline in ways that staff members understand. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and visual creativity in presentation.
- Language: Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- The incumbent of the position should not engage in any kind of discriminatory behavior, including gender discrimination and ensure that any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all actions.
Note on Work Authorization: You must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
How to Apply
Please send an email with your application before February 28, 2022 to email@example.com, following these instructions exactly:
- Use the following as the email subject line: “J-PAL SEA STC for Finance & Operations.” Please do not include any other text in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application;
- Attach PDF copies of your CV, relevant education diploma, academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Short-listed applicants will be asked to complete a written exercise and may subsequently be called in for a virtual interview.