POSITION TITLE: Senior Technical Officer /COVID-19
REPORTS TO: Program Manager/COVID-19 (Functional and Administrative)
JOB CODE: TECH31018/ Technical Officer II
JOB FAMILY: Technical
COMPENSATION GRADE/BAND: Grade 10/ Band KK
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Officer/COVID-19 based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), a five-year global project funded by PEPFAR and USAID, is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The EpiC project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, care and treatment programming, and viral load suppression. EpiC is led by FHI 360 with core partners Right to Care, Palladium, Population Services International (PSI), and Gobee Group. The project also draws upon regional resource partners to provide TA, as well as global resource partners who bring unique capacities.
The EpiC team’s approach to TA is guided by four mutually reinforcing principles: (1) a focus on speed, scale, standards, and sustainability; (2) customization according to local priorities, financing, epidemiology, and the differentiated needs of target populations; (3) adaptive management based on results; and (4) transition of TA and DSD to local and regional partners to enable them to receive direct awards. In addition, EpiC applies human-centered design thinking to resolve persistent challenges along the HIV service cascade.
EpIC is currently being used as a funding mechanism by which to direct financial, programmatic and technical resources to assist Indonesia’s COVID-19 response. EpiC’s COVID-19 program portfolio currently consists of (a) Mechanical Ventilation for COVID-19 technical assistance; (b) COVID-19 vaccine technical assistance; and (c) support for personal protective equipment, COVID-19 testing and lab system strengthening. Other COVID-19 emergency response programming – including oxygen ecosystem strengthening and home-based management of COVID-19 – may also be forthcoming.
The Senior Technical Officer/COVID-19 provides and/or coordinates technical assistance and support on all aspects of EpiC COVID-19 technical assistance (TA), including mechanical ventilation; oxygen ecosystem strengthening; COVID-19 diagnostics, testing and personal protective equipment; lab system strengthening; and home-based management of COVID-19.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the development, implementation, coordination and/or oversight of EpiC COVID-19 TA services, as outlined in project documents and donor/Government direction.
- Provide technical assistance and/or support to national and sub-national partners in all relevant aspects of COVID-19 TA programming.
- Cultivate strong relationships with COVID-19 implementing agencies at national, sub-national and site levels.
- Collaborate closely with other EpiC team members to facilitate joint implementation, sharing of information, and problem solving in areas where COVID-19 interventions overlap with HIV and TB programming.
- Ensure achievement of evidence-based and high-quality results/deliverables in accordance with the targets identified in programmatic work plan(s).
- Together with the COVID-19 Program Manager, recruit and/or manage COVID-19 TA consultants at national or sub-national levels.
- Stay current and up to date on COVID-19 guidelines, strategies and protocols, including Government of Indonesia and relevant international (i.e., WHO) guidance.
- Assist the COVID-19 Program Manager in preparing and submitting donor reports and other relevant materials (e.g. TA briefs), as per the requirements of each COVID-19 project.
- Represent EpiC at relevant COVID-19 consultations and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Clinical degree, with minimum five to seven years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communities, civil society, local/national government representatives and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and/or deliver health service interventions across multiple teams, local stakeholders and geographic regions
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Bahasa and English
Interested candidate please submit your CV to FHI 360 career portal by the latest May 24, 2021