KfW Development Bank
KfW is one of the world’s leading promotional banks. As an integral part of KfW Group, KfW Development Bank carries out Germany’s Financial Cooperation with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the Federal Government. The 800 staff at its head office in Frankfurt, Germany and about 200 specialists in over 70 local offices cooperate with partners all over the world. KfW´s actions seek to improve people’s prospects for a better life, protect the environment and to combat climate change.
The KfW representative Office in Jakarta is looking for a (Senior) Sector Coordinator Energy
Under the direction of the German Federal Ministry of Development and Cooperation (BMZ), KfW is supporting the Government of Indonesian (GoI) to provide sustainable and low carbon electricity to a continuously growing number of households and businesses across the archipelago by increasing the share of renewable energy (RE) and by improving Energy Efficiency (EE). The cooperation between both governments falls under the core area “Responsibility for our Planet – Climate and Energy”. Within the framework of the cooperation, KfW supports financing of investment projects and policy reforms.
KfW supports several projects, ranging from electricity generation, to transmission and distribution. The national electricity provider PT. PLN and its subsidiaries are the implementing partner for such projects, which include hydropower projects, geothermal projects, transmission lines and others. Financing is done through investment finance as well as through Result Based Lending (RBL) approaches. In addition, KfW supports Policy Based Lending (PBL) programmes to support implementation of several priority reforms of the Indonesian Energy Sector. These PBLs are implemented in close co-operation with other development banks and donors trough the Ministry of Finance and aim at supporting the Government’s strategies to strengthen decarbonisation of the energy sector and the transition to more RE in power generation.
We seek to complement our team by hiring a (Senior) Sector Coordinator Energy, with expertise in areas such as Engineering, Renewable Energy Expert, Energy Sector Reform Expert or Financial Sector Development with focus on Energy Sector Finance and/or others.
He/she will work in parallel with other Sector Coordinators in the KfW Office Jakarta and will closely coordinate with the Lead Energy Coordinator for Indonesia in the Jakarta Office and the relevant Sector Team at KfW headquarters in Frankfurt (HQ). As KfW Office is a representative office, the final responsibility for projects, programs and policy lending remain at KfW HQ level.
He/she shall collaborate with KfW´s project partners, such as Indonesian Government officials, mainly the Ministry of Finance, PT. PLN, Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy, Planning/Bappenas, and others.
The (Senior) Sector Coordinator will, among others,
- Regularly review and monitor (analysis reports, news monitoring, conferences, regulation, etc.) developments in the Energy Sector in Indonesia and the wider region. Prepare briefings for internal and external stakeholders about the latest developments in the Energy Sector;
- Design, prepare and support implementation of investment projects and programmes, Result Based Lending (RBL) or Policy Based Lending (PBL) programmes together with internal experts as well as partners and clients of KfW;
- Support and advise KfW HQ about regulations and procedures in Indonesia for administering ongoing programmes;
- Contribute to and facilitate the monitoring and implementation of KfW-funded projects and programmes by regular interaction with project executing agencies and other parties involved on project related matters;
- Prepare and support the implementation of technical advisory projects and activities, such as consultant selection, tender agent selection, evaluation, selection and contracting processes;
- Prepare, accompany and support incoming KfW missions and other missions (such as BMZ), including preparation of schedules, identification of relevant contacts and arrangement of meetings in and outside of Jakarta. Travel to project sites in the regions is required from time to time;
- Upon request, represent KfW at external workshops, conferences and seminars;
- Prepare reporting, back-to-office reports, presentations and any other written output that might be requested from Country Director, Lead Coordinator for Energy Sector in Indonesia, or Sector Team (English and/or Bahasa);
The scope of the position will be regularly reviewed and might be adapted in accordance to the needs of KfW Office Jakarta.
- Requirements and skills are, inter alia,
- Graduate degree/MBA in Economics, Development Economics, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Management and Energy, Public Administration, or equivalent;
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience; in Indonesian Energy Sector, in particular with PT. PLN;
- Proven experience in dealing with senior level government officials;
- Proven experience with Indonesian regulations and procedures and a profound knowledge of GoI´s policies, practices, legal frame and procedures in the energy sector;
- Strong analytical and comprehension skills and ability to express those easily in writing;
- Fluency in English (spoken & written).
On a personal level we are looking for you if you are
- Indonesian National;
- Excellent communicator of the spoken and the written word (English and Bahasa);
- Team-player with strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Highly organised and able to work your way through multiple players of administration and stakeholder in the energy sector;
- Tenacious and ready to work hard to move the agenda along.
- An interesting position with room to express yourself;
- A remuneration commensurate with your experience and qualifications;
- Option for indefinite contract;
- A constructive and communicative working environment;
- Social benefit package;
- Continuous Training and development.
Ideally the (Senior) Sector Coordinator joins our team latest in April 2022.
Contact and Application Process
Interested candidates should provide their CV and cover letter incl. salary expectations in English by 31.12.2021 to email@example.com.
Only applications providing the requested documentation will be considered.
To learn more about KfW Development Bank please visit our website www.kfw-entwicklungsbank.de