The person will be responsible for assisting the Provincial Manager and Finance and Administration Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately the U.S. Government or other donors against fraud, loss, or misuse. The person will be responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency. The person will become aware of, and adhere to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
This position will be located in North Sumatera, West Java, Central Java, or East Java.
Key Performance Areas
Lead the Province Finance team
- Manage the day-to-day operations in the full spectrum of accounting services
- Ensure timeliness of data entry by paying attention to proper coding, recording, classifying, and summarizing of all financial transactions accurately and on a timely basis to minimize MSH’s risk exposure
- Oversee and provide direction to the team of finance staff in the province. Supervise and develop the capacity of staff such that they can provide consistent financial management support to the project teams in support of successful implementation of the programs in country.
- Ensure the team provides a full range of financial support with a particular focus on accurate financial monitoring and reporting.
- Provide mentoring, oversight and quality reviews to the finance team and ensure that proper and accurate accounting records are maintained at province level.
- Coach, motivate and monitor the performance of staff supervised and initiate corrective action as required;
- Ensure team is using standard approaches and best practices;
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately, timely and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
Financial and Risk Management, Problem Solving
- Ensure that appropriate reviews, controls, and strategies are in place and managed to provide alerts of potential problems and allow for corrective action, in regard to issues such as errors in data entry, expenditures or commitments; expenditures that are trending over or under planned expectations; expenditures for unplanned activities; discrepancies between reporting periods, and the like. Use standard tools such as the finance scorecard to support this process.
- Monitor and ensure compliance and Continuously review the adequacy of internal control to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information, protection of assets and adherence to policies, systems, and procedures, and the smooth and orderly implementation of plans and activities
- Drive initiatives to improve workflow and streamline the internal control processes to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures
Project Planning and Budgeting
- Support the annual work planning and other budgeting processes working with project and office leadership.
- Support the development budgets and financial projections for all funding sources.
- Work with project team to ensure budgets are reflective of planned activities, are feasible to implement, planned costs in compliance with donor regulations, and value for money.
- Prepare the monthly cash flow projections and monitor the continued availability of funds to cover the requirements of the project
- Implement standard procedures and forms that promote and/or ensure program compliance with the project contract terms and conditions in coordination with the RMU, and that ensures program spending provides the best value.
- Provide financial support to the Provincial Manager as needed.
- Support both internal and external audits and liaise with auditors performing audits. Ensure the closure and resolution of audit findings
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Professional qualification in ACCA or CPA strongly preferred
- Candidate must be a valid registered member of the Indonesian
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 6 years of relevant progressive experience
- At least five (5) years’ experience managing a team
- Knowledge and experience of handling U.S. government funded projects. Including knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English
- A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the MSH’s values
- Strong team working orientation with a flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organization
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Performing financial management of the project
- Timely transactions recording, reviewing, vouchers file management and preparing necessary reports
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of Cash Control, Asset Management and Perform Bank Reconciliations
- Understanding of principals of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance
- Good ethical conduct
- Ability to manage teams in the province
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes tasks, and meets deadlines
How to Apply
If you feel you have the required experience to assist MSH in implementing our vision, please submit your CV via the below link, or go to Careers (myworkdayjobs.com).