Job title: Senior Programme Officer/Programme Officer – Green Corruption programme, Indonesia
Place of work: Jakarta, Indonesia
Employment rate: 100%
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: 1 year with possibility of extension
The Green Corruption programme is looking for a Senior Programme Officer/Programme Officer to support the administrative and programmatic management of a USAID-funded anticorruption project in Indonesia. We are looking for an exceptionally motivated, knowledgeable, reliable, flexible and driven individual who is able to work independently.
Under the supervision of the Switzerland-based Green Corruption Team Leader and in coordination with the project’s other consortium members based in Jakarta, the Officer will be responsible for donor regulation compliance, contracting, financial tracking, forecasting, reporting and administration of overall programme implementation. The Officer will also work closely with the Team Leader and other team members at the Institute to develop concept notes and other programme documentation.
This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Only Indonesian nationals are eligible to apply.
The Officer will be contracted for a 12-month period, which, upon satisfactory performance, could be extended further. The Senior/Programme Officer reports to the Team Leader of the Green Corruption programme.
Program administration and management
- Ensure programme implementation is conducted in compliance with USAID, Basel Institute and applicable Government of Indonesia regulations.
- Monitor and control expenditure against programme budgets, conduct financial forecasting and contribute to financial reporting.
- Coordinate the collection of information for substantive programme reports, including interim and/or annual update reports.
- Contribute to the design and monitoring of work plans and monitoring & evaluation (M&E) tools in consultation with the programme’s technical experts to ensure programmes deliver against objectives, meet donor requirements and align with the Institute’s Green Corruption programme strategy.
- In coordination with the programme’s technical experts, ensure deliverable are delivered on time, meet objectives and are in compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure adequate programme documentation.
- Collate documentation/other administrative requirements to comply with due diligence and grant requirements.
- Support other Basel Institute development efforts in Indonesia.
- Support programme planning and implementation by liaising with partner organisations, consultants and beneficiaries on programmatic and administrative matters as required by the programme’s technical experts.
- Facilitate and support the coordination between consortium members and the team at the Institute.
- Contribute to stakeholder management, including but not limited to government counterparts, donors, partners, civil society representatives, etc.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in law, political sciences, international relations, public or business management, or other relevant fields.
- At least five years of experience administering US Government-funded development programmes, preferably programmes funded by USAID.
- Excellent knowledge of US Government funding regulations.
- Substantial experience in costing and budgeting as well as financial management for development projects.
- Experience writing operational reports.
- Experience working on development projects in the areas of anti-corruption, governance or the environment is not a requirement but a definite advantage.
- Experience liaising with Indonesian Government agencies and state-owned enterprises an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience with M&E an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across time zones while maintaining close contact with the team, communicating transparently and proactively, and reliably adhering to timelines.
- Salary Offer Offer We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic and international team spirit. The work is both routine and varied, and offers scope for initiative and innovation. The salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and social security benefits will be provided.