This role is an essential component of Commodities & Landscapes Program and will be crucial for the continued development of the program as it seeks to upscale. The position reports directly to the Indonesian Country Director and will focus on implementing existing projects and developing additional projects in line with the existing Landscapes Program strategy. The Senior Program Manager will provide leadership and strategic guidance to the Commodities & Landscapes program by building networks and partnerships that result in effective implementation, and through developing the capacity of the existing team.
The Landscapes program
In 11 landscape across seven countries, IDH’s landscape program drives sustainable production and sourcing of agricultural commodities, while securing livelihoods and protecting natural resources. This is done in collaboration with public, private and community stakeholders, through among others production, protection, and inclusion (PPI) agreements.
IDH works at the market end to bring these players to the landscapes. In Indonesia, IDH focuses on three critical landscapes: South Sumatra & Jambi, West Kalimantan, and Aceh.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org
The SPM will develop and implement strategies in Commodities & Landscape Program in close collaboration with the Indonesia Country Director. Core job functions are:
- Develops relevant implementation strategies to address critical challenges in multiple commodities relevant to the landscape
- Manages the development pipeline, design, implementation and monitoring of projects in line with the implementation strategy
- Builds partnerships necessary to secure cooperation and implementation through convening and facilitating stakeholder collaboration including partnerships with local and national government, the private sector, and civil society.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant commodity and supply chain initiatives to allow benchmarking and challenge current practice.
- Facilitates sharing of data and best practice among the program partners
- Manages and develops capabilities of the landscapes team, including managing landscape-based staff remotely
- Acts as the main representative for the Landscapes Program in Indonesia and the region
- Takes the lead on managing a specific landscape, with ad hoc support to other landscapes and relevant projects
- Develops the linkage between commodities and the relevant markets as well as possible investment
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the palm oil, forestry or other relevant commodity sectors in a consultant or private sector role
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain sustainability issues and commodity market transformation, with particular knowledge of palm oil and/or forestry
- Demonstrated experience of strategic thinking, leadership, and convening of stakeholders to deliver collaborative working
- Working and living experience in Indonesia
- Fluency in English (essential); Bahasa Indonesia (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated networks among relevant businesses, civil societies, governments and knowledge institutes
- Permission to work in Indonesia (preferred)
- Ability to structure ambiguous situations rapidly
- Proactive, self-propelling and resourceful
- Ability to build solid relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to inspire and lead
- Creative, analytical strategic thinker
- Organized with an eye for details
- A communicator at every level, both verbal and written
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member, you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours per week. We offer a competitive salary depending on seniority and experience.