The Knowledge Sector Initiative (KSI) is a partnership between the governments of Indonesia and Australia. It is funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of National Development Planning/National Development Planning Agency (Kementerian Perencanaan Pembangunan Nasional/Badan Perencanaan Pembangunan Nasional, Bappenas).
KSI supports Indonesian policy makers to develop more effective development policies through better use of research, data, and analysis. The program works with research providers and government agencies to strengthen the quality and policy-relevance of research and how it is used for policy making. KSI also works to improve regulations and practices that support quality research and make using evidence in policy making easier.
Mitra Langgeng Sejati as an outsource company is in search of highly qualified and enthusiastic, experienced candidates to be placed at KSI project
Senior Knowledge Exchange Assistant
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Knowledge Exchange Coordinator, the Knowledge Exchange Assistant plays a key role in organizing high quality events, including the Indonesia Development Forum (IDF) and other knowledge sharing activities managed by KSI. The assistant supports the Knowledge Exchange and Learning team to bring together key stakeholders, including government partners, civil society, media, universities, development partners, the private sector, and others to disseminate knowledge produced by the program and facilitate discussion of key challenges within the knowledge sector.
• Assist the Knowledge Exchange Coordinator to develop and implement a plan for knowledge exchange events and activities which support the program’s knowledge exchange and learning aims and broader program objectives;
• Assist the Knowledge Exchange Coordinator to design and manage high quality knowledge sharing events, including drafting event documentation (e.g. event briefs, Terms of Reference, Scopes of Work), identifying resource persons and target participants, drafting and following-up invitations, and supporting logistical and administrative arrangements;
• Liaise with Event Organizers (if any) during event preparation and provide support in overseeing Event Organizers during events, including acting as the floor coordinator;
• Collate and disseminate information during events;
• Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of knowledge exchange activities by organizing and contributing to after-action reviews and preparing evaluation reports; and
• Anticipate and act upon any additional needs as they arise
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of experience in managing events, knowledge management, international development, public policy, social research, or a related field.
Skills & Abilities:
• Sound experience in project management, especially in the international development and public policy sectors;
• Good understanding of public policy issues and key stakeholders;
• Ability to interact and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders (government, non-government organizations, institutions, and other relevant networks);
• A high level of initiative and creativity as well as a pro-active and flexible approach to work;
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, multi-task and meet deadlines;
• Excellent attention to detail, including a proven ability to plan time and resources, anticipate and meet deadlines, monitor and evaluate progress, and make adjustments as necessary;
• Ability to work closely and effectively with colleagues as part of a team; and
• Advanced English speaking and writing skills.