The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a research center headquartered in the Economics Department at MIT. J-PAL’s mission is to ensure that policy is informed by scientific evidence. J-PAL Southeast Asia (SEA), based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research in the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI) in Jakarta, is one of seven independent regional offices hosted at leading universities around the world. J-PAL’s regional offices are at the center of our policy outreach and capacity building activities.
J-PAL Southeast Asia seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Senior HR Associate (In person, based in Jakarta). The Senior HR Associate will support the HR and Administration work under the direction of the Senior Finance and Operations Manager, play a key role in ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of HR management and daily office operations. It is expected that the Senior HR Associate have experience in HR functions and have a strong understanding of HR regulation and its implementation in Indonesia. Knowledge regarding research project operations such as legal and other related knowledge is a plus.
HR and Administration Management
The key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Drive a broad range of HR solutions and processes to meet the evolving needs of organization’s development.
- Ensure that the recruitment process and performance review are carried out well in a timely manner through direct coordination with the verticals.
- Together with the vertical lead, plan the yearly staffing needs.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Lead the onboarding and offboarding process.
- Identify, in coordination with other verticals, training needs and implementation.
- Contribute to the design of career development plans and communications.
- Raise awareness of any possible retention risks within the verticals, propose and implement solutions to encounter these in accordance with the J-PAL SEA – LPEM FEB UI overall HR strategy and values.
- Raise awareness of any issue affecting employee engagement and work with line managers and broader scope and provide a proactive way to address employment engagement issues.
- Contribute to or take the lead in other HR work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Psychology or other related fields; at least 5 years of related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical abilities; broad knowledge of HR management and regulation, including recruitment processes, staffing plans, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, talent management, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and deadline concurrently.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Work Authoriziations: You must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
J-PAL Southeast Asia is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
How to Apply
Please send an email with your application to email@example.com by April 30, 2022 following these instructions exactly:
- Use the following as the email subject line: “J-PAL SEA Senior HR Associate” Please do not include any other text in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application.
- Attach PDF copies of your CV, your academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA and how this experience will contribute to fulfilling their future academic and/or professional plans.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply at the earliest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.