SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Duty Station: Jakarta/Bali
Established in 2017, Lestari Capital is a start-up environmental enterprise, built to protect the world’s natural assets through a commercially viable business model. We accomplish this by mobilizing new finance for initiatives that protect and rehabilitate important natural landscapes around the world. The Indonesian word “Lestari” means sustainable, or everlasting, signifying our commitment to developing long-term sources of finance for high quality conservation and restoration initiatives.
As the global commodity, transportation and energy sectors begin to respond to evolving market requirements, Lestari Capital works in parallel with the same forces driving supply-chain transformation to generate financing for conservation. Lestari Capital supports multi-stakeholder sustainability standards by providing credible, transparent and efficient ways for the private sector to meet and surpass sustainability commitments, certifications and import requirements. We are using this approach in Southeast Asia, demonstrating how the cost of environmental impact can be built into the cost of commodity production.
Lestari Capital’s impact model addresses a critical need for long-term operating capital for Projects run by local communities, conservation non-profits and environmental services companies. Lestari Capital aims to strengthen Southeast Asia’s emerging ecosystem services marketplace, by connecting demand for on-the-ground conservation efforts among commodity producers/buyers with Projects that are protecting or restoring forests where these companies operate, to protect at-risk areas.
At the center of Lestari’s approach is the Sustainable Commodities Conservation Mechanism (SCCM), which finances Projects for a minimum of 25 years. The SCCM provides independent fiduciary oversight that ties payments to results on the ground, ensuring benefits to local communities, global climate and biodiversity. Funds are managed through a financial vehicle domiciled in Singapore that delivers payments through a custodian bank.
Lestari Capital’s diverse Project portfolio includes internationally certified initiatives on the forefront of tropical conservation, ecosystem restoration and community forestry. Our company specializes in selecting, vetting and financing certified conservation, restoration and community-forest Projects that protect forests, peatlands and biodiversity. This includes working with members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and those with “Zero Deforestation” pledges. Efforts are also underway to expand to additional commodity sectors, as our company supports emerging sustainability trends through a credible and transparent conservation finance platform.
Lestari Capital is supported by a diverse group of public-private partnerships and brings actors from the commodities and finance sectors together with conservation initiatives and funders. Our portfolio prioritizes support for Project models that can eventually support jurisdictional and national climate targets.
Be a part of a vibrant and fast-growing company in an exciting and very topical space. The Senior HR Manager will be pivotal in assisting the leadership team to chart the direction of the company, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly.
The primary responsibility of this position is to participate in the implementation of strategies and structure relating to human resources and general HR support of employees in their respective area of responsibility and/or stakeholder group. This includes the effective management of the Employee Life Cycle. The Senior HR Manager will also serve as a consultative business partner to the leadership team and departmental managers within Lestari Capital.
The winning candidate will be able to combine strategic and tactical skills, creative and execution abilities. Both a thinker and a doer.
We are open to consider part-time roles for highly experienced candidates as well as full-time roles for mid-level candidates.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to establish and implement a regional HR strategy to support our business objectives, including but not limited to designing, driving, and executing HR initiatives
- Design salary framework together with Finance, review and improve current total rewards policies and procedures, oversee salary benchmarking exercise, job design and job evaluation analysis etc.
- Put in place talent strategies to retain, attract and hire the best talent in the market; develop and operate a robust talent acquisition process to hire the right talent for the organisation, building culture within the workplace to further improve employee experience and engagement
- Provide advice, consultation, and coaching for leadership team and departmental managers, on legal and regulatory and day-to-day matters
- Establish the framework and process of maintaining in-depth knowledge of local legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partnering with legal department as needed/required.
- Own all other HR areas including learning & development, performance management, employee relations, staff grievances, disciplinary issues, and facilities management
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- At least 8 to 10 years’ experience in HR preferably in MNC and/or a high growth and fast paced environment, ideally with regional responsibility for SEA.
- Knowledge of and experience working with country labour laws and immigration processes, rules, and regulations (Singapore and Indonesia)
- Experience in setting up new systems and strategies, thinking creatively.
- Action oriented problem solver, able to multi-task, prioritise and establish deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with geographically dispersed and multi-cultural teams
- Positive attitude & mindset, resilience, self-confidence, professional credibility, ability to build relationships at every level of the hierarchy and outside the company, articulate communication, team player
- Impeccable ethical standards, work ethic and integrity
- Good computer skills in the main software programs (Excel, Word, Power Point Access, etc.)
- Excellent communication both oral and written, in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Good personal organizational and priority setting skills, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Capable of working independently as well as being an effective team player, with initiative and creativity.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
The candidate may be required to travel to Singapore/Bali/Jakarta as and when necessary.
Please include your name and the position as the subject line of the email and in the titles of all attachments (please use the format: YourName_HRM_CV.pdf, YourName_HRM_CoverLetter.pdf). In the body of your email and your cover letter please include this summary table:
|Degree type (BA, MS)|
|Years of work experience|