CWS/Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS is implementing a PURE program in Jakarta that assists refugees and asylum seekers to access basic service, such as health care, and provides vocational training and education programs.
The Senior Finance Officer is an essential position in the PURE program team. S/He is to oversee financial side of projects and assist Program Manager and Finance Director for reporting and communication concerning any financial issues of the projects. The incumbent will supervise a finance team under the projects, while providing guidance to other project staffs and CWS management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Financial Management of Office
- Oversee the financial aspects of office and project in coordination with Finance Director.
- Supervise and coordinate Office and program expenditures and reimbursements.
- Provide regular financial overview to give proper financial situation of the project
- Provide and prepare reports and records following the donor’s standard.
- Monitor all transactions and accounts chart.
- Monitor bank statement and transaction.
- Provide accurate financial reports to Program Manager and Finance Director in timely and correct manner
- Make sure that payments are made in line with contract/agreement that was made with the third parties
- Oversee the financial transactions for the project to be in line with CWS rules and regulation as well as UNHCR financial regulation stated in the Agreement.
- Prepare various reports: monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Assist Program Manager and Finance Director for development of proposal.
- Assist Finance Director and Program Manager in dealing with auditor.
Financial Management of Project Planning and Implementation
- Assist to provide financial guideline and procedure for CWS Indonesia.
- Assist to provide financial guideline and procedure for partner/project implementers.
- Oversee and monitor approval and dispersing funds.
- Assist Program Manager and Finance Director in monitoring the financial report for project.
- Assist the Program Manager in planning and implementation of project.
- Proactively provide the Program Manager with forecast expenditures, cash flow status and pipeline analysis periodically.
- Manage and monitor cash flow of the project and initiate funds disbursement in coordination with Finance Director.
- Ensure that all project financial records are properly maintained and recorded based on CWS system.
- Ensure proper and timely payment to third parties (hospitals, vendors etc) to avoid disruption of service.
- Ensure proper documentation for each transactions including the reimbursement of health service bills of PoCs.
- Monitor and ensure the proper distribution of cash allowance for PoCs.
- Prepare and send MSA distribution report every month in a timely and correct manner.
Financial Office Procedures
- Ensure all procedure for every transaction is followed.
- Ensure all procedure for procurement is followed in coordination with Senior Operation Officer and as per guidance from Program Manager.
Documentation and report writing
- Prepare various related presentation materials regarding financial matters
- Prepare different finance reports and proposals
Communication, Coordination, and Internal Communication
- Communicate with external party for finance/accounting matter, as requested by Program Manager and Finance Director.
- Provide guidance to other Senior Officers, program staff, and other staff related to specific project regarding procedure of finance
- Communicate and coordinate with Program Staff on financial issues of projects.
- Coordinate with Operation unit to manage paperwork and financing side of logistics, such as: payment to supplier / vendors, utilities bills, collecting invoices and, and review staff medical claim
- Manage Finance Officers and Assistants and monitor the work result.
- Communicate and coordinate with Internal/External Auditor
- Do other tasks as requested by the Program Manager and Finance Director.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters of personnel, beneficiaries and other relevant actors.
- Maintain positive communications with all organization’s staff, donors, beneficiaries, and volunteers.
- Exercise good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Support existing CWS’ policies, principles, and mission.
- Hold bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Have a minimum of 4 years working experience in accounting or finance.
- Familiar with common Microsoft Office applications, with an advance skill in Ms. Excel.
- Hold high accountable principle.
- Have experience to develop financial statements/reports.
- Have experience to operate ACCPAC software.
- Able to communicate in an assertive manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks under tight deadline.
- Have experience working in a diverse environment, such as: different religious views, multi-culture, minority groups, socio-economic background, sexual orientation, etc.
- Able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary.
CWS does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
CWS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk and reference to the need for the successful applicant to undertake a criminal record check where appropriate.
How to Apply
Application should include a cover letter, reflecting suitability with qualification, and a curriculum vitae, which includes contact number, expected net salary and contact of 3 referees. The document should be submitted in PDF, not more than 2 MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 02 October 2021 at the latest.