IREEM (Institute for Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Management) and its consortium and PT. HAKE (Himpunan Ahli Konservasi Energi) have been awarded as one of implementing partners for Mentari Energy Efficiency powered by UK-PACT. IREEM’s project titled the Integrated Energy Efficiency Programme for the Decarbonisation of Indonesia’s Building Sector (INTENS) will run until March 2025. The project is jointly coordinated by Directorate of Energy Conservation of MEMR and British Embasssy in Jakarta.
The project focuses on improving the energy efficiency of public buildings. It aims to support the Government of Indonesia to reduce GHG emissions in the building-management sector through the implementation of energy efficiency technologies. The Project will consist of three workstreams:
- Strengthening energy efficiency expertise in Indonesia;
- Developing, replicating, and expanding energy efficiency pilot projects, with a focus on the provincial government;
- Policy development, communications, and collaboration between policymakers and other stakeholders for long term improvement of energy efficiency policy in Indonesia.
The focus areas of the Project support will be the government buildings (including government offices, university buildings, hospitals, and schools).
To support the implementation of following activities,
- Training for local government on energy management system and energy efficiency in building sector
- Technical assistance on energy management implementation in government building
- Energy saving superintendent academic papers.
- Other tasks to support implementation of INTENS Project
IREEM seeks an expert with qualification as follows:
- Academic qualifications: Doctor degree on engineering.
- Energy efficiency implementation and project experience: at least 15 years of work experience with energy efficiency in building sector.
- Technical and analytical track record: in-depth knowledge and experience with analysis of energy efficiency in buildings. Experience with preparing technical and/or policy-relevant analysis, reports and papers for both academic and non-academic audiences.
- International exposure and established networks: familiarity working with EBTKE ESDM and with international cooperation.
- Relationship and stakeholder management: people skills and political savviness, especially in dealing with multiple stakeholders, incl. both public and private sector.
Terms of employment
The successful candidate will be employed in a part-time position until March 2025 based on a time and material contract basis. The place of work is Jakarta area with possibility to travel to other provinces.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV no later than 23 November 2023 (23:59, local time) to email@example.com with the position on the subject mail.