The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas.
Schools in more than 180 countries worldwide are currently closed, offer only a limited service or are preparing for reopening and safe school operations for students and teachers. There is an urgent need to support schools with crucial adjustments to address the necessary infection protection measures in a post-pandemic context. The DeveloPPP programme of GIZ has partnered with the Hygiene and Behaviour Change Coalition (HBCC) (Unilever and DFID) to support the Government of Indonesia in implementing Pandemic Preparedness and Response (PPR) measures in schools. Specifically, personal hygiene (handwashing with soap) and environment hygiene (cleaning and surface disinfection). The programme will establish a replicable model for pandemic preparedness and response suitable for rapid and massive government-led scale-up. At the same time, this creates the conditions for developing training materials for the education sector so that measures can be integrated and scaled up throughout the existing education system.
To join the global movement for safe re-opening of schools GIZ is opening a new position for its Indonesia team. The Senior Advisor leads a team of six staff operating in Jakarta and in Batubara in North Sumatra. The place of duty is positioned in Jakarta. The project is anchored at the GIZ Business Hub Indonesia/ASEAN in Jakarta, the Senior Advisor reports to the Head of the Hub. Regular visits of the project implementation area around Batubara in North Sumatra are necessary. GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
- Guarantee the operational management of the German contribution to the TC Module towards its objective, Outputs, indicators and key activities according to the project work and results plan
- Safeguard the application of key quality elements of GIZ project management in relation to all operational aspects (Key GIZ-reference frameworks: Processes und Rules, Quality in Line and Capacity WORKS)
- Provision of disciplinary and conceptual leadership of all GIZ project staff in that work package
- Provision of operational coordination and quality assurance of all subcontracted consulting companies and individual Short-Term Experts
- Ensuring coordination as well as commercial and content quality control of all sub-contracted services and provide grants to third parties
- Application of relevant company policies, rules and regulation during the implementation of the project
- Assist the Head of the Business Hub, the Regional Programme Manager in the Philippines, the Cluster Coordinator and Country Director on overarching issues related to the implementation of strategic GIZ company goals.
- Support the preparation of quarterly reports to the private contractor and the annual report to the BMZ
- Provide disciplinary leadership of national project staff
- Cooperation and alignment with other initiatives of the ‘Hygiene and Behaviour Change Coalition’ HBCC worldwide in alignment with the regional project management in the Philippines
- Coordination with Unilever Indonesia as develoPPP Partner on pandemic prevention and pandemic response
- Provision of senior advisory services to CMMAI as the main counterpart of GIZ and chair of the Steering Committee of the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative on all coordination issues related to the involved Indonesian institutions, the partner provinces, KfW and the German Embassy/BMZ.
The Senior Advisor performs the following tasks:
- Leadership & Management
- Oversee programme planning and implementation in Indonesia, monitoring and reporting of accomplishment of programme objectives and plans, ensuring proper resource allocation and quality in programme outputs.
- Develop systems and tools to optimize program management
- Supervise project staff in Indonesia and NGO grant recipient(s) in supporting local governments in implementing the measures in least 40 model schools in two project sites in Indonesia
- Oversee the procurement of goods and services and respective deliverables, as needed to provide project objectives, including:
- Creation of videos and communication materials for the training of teaching staff and education for pupils/parents
- Development of a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on pandemic prevention and pandemic response
- Support for the further development of the national monitoring system for WASH in schools to cover the topic of pandemic prevention and response
- Professional Advisory Services
- Support partner institutions in the overall coordination and quality assurance of relevant processes in relation to project implementation and development, assuring gender-related issues
- Coordinates the GIZ-supported processes of (further) developing, socialising and advising knowledge management and institutional learning for upscaling relevant lessons learned and good practices
- Provides assistance in conceptualizing, preparing, implementing and following up on workshops, seminars and other events on subjects that are related to the respective field of activity
- Supports the development and organisation of quality assurance measures and proposes necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
- Networking and Cooperation
- Coordinate and network with government partners and relevant WASH in Schools (WinS) partners and stakeholders in Indonesia and globally.
- Coordinate with the GIZ Office Jakarta, relevant thematic clusters, and integration and alignment of the measures and activities with the GIZ Indonesia Business Hub
- Coordinate with Regional Project Management in the Philippines for technical direction and alignment
- Project & Knowledge Management
- Organize and oversee internal monitoring, knowledge management and communications activities for the project
- Provide quality assurance in relation to drafting guidelines, manuals, and procedures, as well as their dissemination to and application by relevant stakeholders
- Coordinates the preparation of reports, PR- and presentation materials, as well as the agreed dissemination to relevant stakeholders
- Prepares appropriate input to the various project reports/publications including annual reports; contributes to other reports required by the Regional Program Manager and the Head of Business Hub
- Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- University degree in management, development, or health or hygiene related studies
- At least 8 years’ work experiences in development cooperation at least 4 years in managerial role and leadership position
- Working experience in Education, good governance or WASH is an advantage
- Experience in in the management of GIZ projects, GIZ standards, instruments, processes and regulations is an advantage
- Experience in personnel management and disciplinary leadership
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with private sector cooperation instruments (e.g. DeveloPPP) is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good communication and coordination skills as well as experience with network work
- Experience in knowledge management and results-based monitoring
- Self-organization, service orientation and teamwork
- Negotiation level language skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia required, knowledge of German is considered a strong asset
- Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor Private Sector Cooperation
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to email@example.com by 21 June 2021 with subject line BusHub – Senior Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e.: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified