Senior Advisor – Private Sector and Partnership Engagement
Based at Jakarta
Reports to: Technical Lead – MNH
Positions Supervised: Technical Advisor – Private Sector Engagement
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Anticipated Start Date: May 2021
Jhpiego seeks a Senior Technical Advisor for Private Sector and Partnership Engagement for maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) for the USAID MOMENTUM Private Healthcare Delivery Project in Indonesia. MOMENTUM Private Healthcare Delivery (MPHD) is a five-year (2020-2025) $75 million global award that seeks to expand access to and use of evidence-based, quality maternal, newborn, and child health /family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) information, products, and services through private providers by (1) ensuring increased availability of and demand for quality MNCH/FP/RH information, services, and supplies offered by private providers; and (2) expanding public and private partnerships to ensure a total market approach (TMA) for improved health coverage. The MPHD consortium is led by Population Services International (PSI), with partners Jhpiego, Avenir Health, ThinkWell, and FHI 360.
In Indonesia, MPHD seeks to support the Government of Indonesia to enhance the engagement and effectiveness of the private healthcare sector as a sustainable partner for providing quality maternal and newborn health (MNH) services and to contribute to reduce rates of maternal and newborn deaths. The project in Indonesia will operate with a $20 million investment over a 4.5-year period. The successful candidate will have direct experience working within, or collaborating closely with, private sector health facilities and providers in urban, peri-urban and rural settings in Indonesia.
The STA for MPHD in Indonesia will work closely with the Technical Lead for Maternal and Newborn Health, to lead the implementation of the private sector engagement for quality improvement, quality assurance, and accreditation for MNCH within the MPHD project in Indonesia. This will involve working closely with the MOH, USAID Indonesia, implementing partners in country, private sector hospitals and health facilities and professional organizations to advance the QOC agenda in Indonesia. This position will also be responsible to forge strategic collaborations and establish partnerships with private sector at sub-national, national and state level. Additional details on responsibilities and qualifications are outlined below.
- Undertake landscape assessment to identify key areas of intervention for private sector engagement as per the project scope
- Undertake strategic, business and operation design for potential service delivery, market shaping and innovation integration as per the requirement and their subsequent scale-up plans
- Provide guidance and technical support to develop private sector governance and management tools to promote sustainability and institutionalization of intervention.
- Assess and advise on financial risks in implementing private sector engagement models and identify necessary mitigating and corrective actions.
- Collaborate with public and private sector for developing public private partnership (PPP) models
- Develop and execute strategies for resource mobilization for Maternal and Newborn health from the corporates and private sector through various strategic channels including Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) mechanisms
- Work with key partners to develop and leverage innovative financing mechanisms to sustainably engage private and non-public health providers
Partnership Development and Management:
- Landscape and assess areas of partnerships as per the need and requirements of the project
- Work across private, public and technical sectors to facilitate identification of synergies and opportunities for creative new partnerships
- Outline the areas of collaborations, forge and manage the partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and execute partnership strategies to achieve agreed objectives and mobilizing resources towards fulfilling the aim of the project
- Coordinate with partners implementing different models and ensure desired results are achieved in timely manner
Program Management and Monitoring:
- Support documentation of project results, successes, challenges and lessons learned.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of different models and generate evidence for further advocacy with Government for scaling up of models
- Work with M&E team to establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met
- Identify capacity building needs among team members and provide support for career development
Public Relations and Representations:
- Represent Jhpiego at national and state-level meetings involving government, development partners and private sector representatives.
- Liaise with other partners working in MNH ecosystem in Indonesia
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with USAID, Ministry of Health, private health sector partners, key representatives of other USAID / donor funded health programs and other key stakeholders in Indonesia to maximize resources and leverage synergies
- Travel within the state or national level as per the project and organizational requirements.
- Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work with a diverse technical team.
- Ability to multitask and work under multicultural environment.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, private partners and other organizations including government counterparts.
- Ability to develop business plans and financial models for relevant healthcare interventions
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as reports, proposals, case studies etc.
- Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50 % of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced degree in business administration, public health, international affairs, policy, health reform, management, or a related field
- Strong medical, clinical and/or technical expertise working in low resource settings, particularly in clinical areas consistent with Jhpiego’s maternal, reproductive and child health strategy
- Atleast 10 years of overall experience of working with national/ international NGOs in public health programs.
- At least five (5) years working on private sector engagement and management
- In-depth understanding of private sector engagement strategies for advancing local innovation and entrepreneurial ventures
- Knowledge and experience working in the field of health / innovative financing
- Knowledge and experience working on market shaping and introduction of new health products and services.
- Demonstrated experience of forging private sector partnerships in healthcare / non-health sectors in LMIC context
- Demonstrated hands on experience of managing multiple partners and leveraging resources from private sector/corporate sector.
- Indepth understanding of USAID’s policies, principles and frameworks of Private Sector Engagement and Journey to Self-Reliance
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to travel within Indonesia up to 40%.
- Prior experience of working on USAID Projects / other donor funded bilateral is desirable
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable