The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (MAMPU Phase II) aims to address key issues affecting poor women in accessing, controlling, participating and enjoying fulfilment from policies and development programs in five thematic areas as follows:
- Improving access to GOI’s social protection programs;
- Improving conditions of employment and removing workplace discrimination;
- Improving conditions for women’s overseas labour migration;
- Improving women’s health and nutritional status; and
- Reducing violence against women.
The Program will increase capacity of civil society partners; expand the network organisations working on gender equality; better position all of our partners to exert greater influence on key areas of government policy; and expand reach among poor women at the grassroots level. The Program will also harness the work of Phase I to generate policy change that leads to widespread impact for poor women in Indonesia.
The overall purpose of this assignment is to provide policy and operational advice regarding women’s empowerment, to the MAMPU program with particular focus on health and social protection as well as cross-thematic synergies. The consultant shall track overall trends and issues, review new project designs to ensure that they reflect state of the art knowledge on women’s empowerment and development, flag emerging issues and opportunities, and provide periodic hands-on operational support to important or sensitive programs.
Period of Assignment: Minimum of 60 days during lifetime of the contract (October 1st, 2017 – September 30th, 2018)
Required Skills, knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in international development, social sciences, gender studies, health or other relevant disciplines (PhD as well as a specialization in Indonesia studies will be considered assets);
- 20 years relevant work experience with international development organizations (25+ years and work with DFAT will be considered assets);
- Extensive (15+ years) professional experience in one or more of the MAMPU thematic areas;
- Proven knowledge of gender theories and experience with women’s empowerment and gender-sensitive development approaches;
- Knowledge of the MAMPU program and its operations;
- Experience with management and implementation of development programs and grant-making initiatives in Indonesia and Southeast Asia;
- Extensive (10+ years) experience in strategic planning and supporting multiple partners to achieve objectives;
- Proof of established networks among government, civil society, international organizations, media and other stakeholders in Indonesia and Southeast Asia;
- Excellent English writing and analytical skills and fluency in Indonesian; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships with senior Indonesian government officials, civil society organizations and donor agencies.
Application Process:REGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE