KfW Development Bank
KfW is one of the world’s leading promotional banks. As an integral part of KfW Group, KfW Development Bank carries out Germany’s Financial Cooperation with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the Federal Government. The 600 staff at its head office in Frankfurt, Germany and about 200 specialists in over 70 local offices cooperate with partners all over the world. Our top priorities are to improve people’s prospects for a better life, to protect the environment and to combat climate change.
The KfW representative Office in Jakarta is looking for a Sector Coordinator Governance and Economics (f/m)
Under the direction of the German Federal Ministry of Development and Cooperation (BMZ) KfW is co-financing Policy Based Lending (PBL) programmes in several priority reforms of the Indonesian Government. These PBL are implemented in close co-operation with other development banks and donors and aim at supporting the Government’s strategies to strengthen equitable and sustainable growth and lend support to institutional and fiscal reforms of the country.
In the area of PBL KfW’s financial products consist of long term low interest (ODA) loans coupled with grant funding for project preparatory activities, training and accompanying measures. Recently we received significant funding from the European Commission for Technical Assistance that will allow a deepening of the analytical and advisory support to these reforms.
We seek to complement our small team by hiring a Sector Coordinator Governance and Economics, with expertise in areas such as Public Finance, Macroeconomics, Regulatory Environment or Financial Sector Development and others.
He/she will work in parallel with other Sector Coordinators in the KfW Office Jakarta and will closely coordinate with the relevant Sector Teams at KfW headquarters in Frankfurt. As KfW Office is a representative office, the final responsibility for projects, programs and policy lending remain at HQ level. The Sector Coordinator reports to the Director of KfW Office Jakarta with whom he/she will coordinate the daily work.
He/she shall collaborate with KfW´s project partners, such as Indonesian Government officials, mainly the Ministry of Finance, Planning/Bappenas, CMEA, PTSMI and others.
The Sector Coordinator will, among others,
- Support the design, execution and monitoring of PBL programmes and aligned technical and advisory measures
- Identify opportunities and prepare new programme ideas
- Support the optimal use and targeting of the new TA facilities funded by the European Commission to strengthen policy based operations and dialogue
- Maintain excellent working relationship with KfW´s partners as much on the side of the Indonesian Government as with other financing institutions like ADB, AfD, World Bank and SECO
- Prepare for, accompany and support KfW missions
- Provide programme related intervention and support to Indonesian sectoral institutions as well as backstopping and dialogue with partners and consultants including day-to-day support and resolving intervention bottlenecks
- Upon request, represent KfW at workshops, conferences and seminars
- Prepare for and attend working level meetings on PBL or potential future PBL and report on them
- Prepare reporting, back to office reports, presentations and any other written output that might be requested
- Generate briefings and speaking points for the Office Directors
- Prepare analysis on issues related to macroeconomics, public finance, institutional analysis as issues arise
The scope of the position will be regularly reviewed and might be adapted in accordance to the needs of KfW Office Jakarta. Requirements and skills are, inter alia,
- Graduate degree/MBA in economics, public finance, law, political science or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in development financing or in the management of internationally financed development programmes or similar activities
- Proven experience in dealing with senior level government officials
- Proven experience with Indonesian regulations and procedures and a profound knowledge of Government of Indonesia’s policies, practices, legal frame and procedures
- Strong analytical and comprehension skills and ability to express those easily in writing
- Fluency in English (spoken & written)
On a personal level we are looking for you if you are
- Indonesian National
- Excellent communicator of the spoken and the written word
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to work your way through multiple players of bureaucracy
- Tenacious and ready to work hard to move the agenda along
- An interesting position with room to express yourself
- A remuneration commensurate with your experience and qualifications
- A two year contract with a view to extending it indefinitely
- A constructive and communicative working environment
- Social benefit package
We would ideally like the Sector Coordinator to join our team in August 2019
Contact and Application Process
Interested candidates should provide their CV and cover letter incl. salary expectations in English by 23. June 2019 c.o.b. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications providing the requested documentation will be considered.
To learn more about KfW Development Bank please visit our website www.kfw-entwicklungsbank.de