Terms of Reference – Safeguarding Consultant, Indonesia
Background: Yayasan Planet Indonesia (YPI) is a non-profit organization that focuses on conserving at-risk ecosystems through community-led partnerships. At the core of our approach is advancing community-led governance to catalyze social-ecological outcomes.
Position: We are seeking a short-term (3 month) Safeguarding consultant to review, revise, and strengthen existing safeguarding policies. These include, but are not limited to: whistleblowing, child protection and vulnerable adults, sexual harassment, health/safety protocals, and code of conduct. This individual should have significant experience in non-profit HRD and be up to date on international standards and protocols related to non-profit safeguarding procedures.
- Review existing safeguarding policies created by YPI
- Revise and strengthen existing policies based on international standards
- Finalize policies (example, but are not limited to: whistleblowing, child protection and vulnerable adults, sexual harassment, health/safety protocals, and code of conduct) in collaboration with the HR department and senior management
- Support HR department to create a work plan to rollout policies across the organization, project sites, and downstream partners
- Written assessment of existing safeguarding policies (50% of policies at mid-point and 100% of deliverables by end of contract), assessment of what is missing and recommendations for updated and new policies to align YPI with international standards
- Final draft of new policies
- Final draft of revised existing policies
- Final work plan with HR department to implement policies and train staff
Timeline: To be completed by January 2023, with a mid-contract checkin & mid-contract set of deliverables
Qualifications and experience
Yayasan Planet Indonesia seeks an energetic, thoughtful and committed consultant. The successful candidate will have experience in providing and/or coordinating support to local organizations.
- Degree in social sciences, social work, human rights and preferably with a focus on protection/ child protection/ child rights. Relevant experience would compensate for lack of educational background
- Experience designing and implementing comprehensive safeguarding systems for non profit organisations
- Understanding of international best practice on safeguarding
- Experience designing and implementing referral pathways and confidential incident
reporting systems within the Indonesia context
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage appropriately with partners’ staff
across various job functions
- The person or firm engaged will be expected to have worked with safeguarding,
protection, child protection and gender in both development and emergency settings
Budget: Consultancy budget proposal to be discussed with YPI. All travel & field expenses will be covered by YPI.
To apply: Please send CV, proposal with work plan, and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Salary Offer based on experience