“Right Here Right Now” (RHRN) is the strategic partnership which addresses the limited respect, protection and the hindered fulfilment of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in 10 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and in 1 sub-region, the Caribbean. In Indonesia, the RHRN platform strives for the protection, respect and fulfilment of SRHR of all young people including girls and young women. Specific attention is given to creating an enabling environment where young people can have access to SRHR information and youth-friendly services without any stigma and discrimination based on marital status or sexual identity and expression. The RHRN’s Indonesia platform is composed of 13 civil society organizations, including a host organization which is serving as the platform secretariat.
The RHRN country platform in Indonesia is hiring a National Coordinator (NC). The National Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating the advocacy work of the RHRN platform and serve as linking pin between platform members. The National Coordinator will have the main responsibility to coordinate the implementation of the platform’s advocacy and capacity strengthening strategy including planning, prepare and coordinate joint activities, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, foster strategic linkages with other initiatives and stakeholders and represent the platform .
YOUNG PEOPLE UNDER THE AGE OF 30 ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
The National Coordinator will be legally employed by the host organization, PKBI (Indonesian Planned Parenthood Association). This position is based in Jakarta. Brief description of the position and detailed roles and responsibilities are provided below:
The National Coordinator will perform, among others, the following functions:
● Coordinate the implementation of country plans:
○ Coordinate strategic and yearly planning processes and implementation of the country plan by the platform and its members;
○ Initiate activities that promote synergies between platform members and implement joint activities;
● Inform the Presidium of the platform and prepares platform meetings for decision-making.
● Support the platform in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) in liaison with the regional team;
● Compile/draft annual plans and budgets, draft annual progress narrative and financial reports in consultation with the regional coordinator; submits annual plans/budgets/reports to the regional manager, following their approval by the platform, and keeps regular contact with the regional team;
● Monitor the national policy environment and keeps the platform updated on key developments relevant to the platform. Is overall responsible for the internal and external communication of the platform;
● Facilitate Linking with other existing initiatives relevant to the work of the platform, seeking alignment and harmonization, building synergies and avoiding duplication;
● Is the focal point of the platform for the RHRN Consortium members, including the Dutch Embassy, and ensures synergies with the regional and international advocacy activities of the RHRN Global Partnership;
● Coordinate with Presidium of Indonesia’s RHRN platform and together review budget and program update periodically.
● Progressive stance on sexual and reproductive health and rights, specifically young people’s sexual rights and diversity;
● Youth-friendly and fully at ease working with both young people and adults
● Excellent English (written and oral) communication skills;
● Sound experience in the field of Human Rights and Social Accountability;
● Solid understanding of SRHR issues in Indonesia and good understanding of the national policy landscape
● Familiar with International treaties and agreement (CEDAW, ICPD, CRC, and other related international agreements);
● Work experience in an international (development) organisation;
● Proven track record in programme management (report writing, PMEL, budget management), facilitating learning processes and alliance building;
● Experience with networking and lobbying and advocacy at country and regional level;
● Engaged in youth projects, including regionally and internationally (desired); experience in youth-led organizations or with meaningful youth participation
● Strong facilitator, connector, communicator and leadership skills;
● Strong administrative and organizational skills;
● Ability to work independently;
● Self-confident, persistent and decisive; good listening capacity; assertive; flexible;
● Affinity with RHRN core values of Meaningful Youth Participation, Youth Adult Partnership, Gender Equality and Gender Transformative Approach, Inclusive and respect diversity, Non-Discriminative, and Human Rights Based Approach;
● Ability to travel.
JOB CONDITIONS AND ADVANTAGES
● The National Coordinator is contracted by the host organization, which is one of the platform members.
● The National Coordinator is a full-time position and cannot have another position/job at any of the platform members.
● The National Coordinator will be assisted and work closely together with Presidium of Indonesia’s RHRN Platform in discussing platform’s strategic work plan and budget.
● Within the position of The National Coordinator, there is attention and room for personal growth. Regular reflection meetings will take place between The National Coordinator, RHRN Platform members, Presidium, and host organisation.
● The RHRN platform is an ideal alliance to conduct concerted advocacy to government and also to change social norms, because each organisation as member of Indonesia’s RHRN platform has their own role based on their expertise such as research, advocacy, and reach public awareness. This is a great opportunity for The National Coordinator to broaden network to government bodies and also non-government organisations in Indonesia.
● There is also great opportunity for The National Coordinator to learn a lot from RHRN since RHRN members have experience to work with various stakeholders, from students, teachers, parents, people living with HIV and AIDS, sex workers, young people with disabilities, religious groups, activists and journalists, community leaders, marginal and minority groups, academics, to local and national agencies.
● Competitive salary will be given to The National Coordinator.
The National Coordinator will be hired through a competitive process by a selection committee, including members of RHRN at the national, regional and international level.
QUESTIONS AND APPLY