J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), seeks qualified applicants for an internship position in J-PAL SEA. This position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in project development, policy outreach and research implementation in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. The Intern will work closely with the J-PAL SEA staffs to support the development or execution of evaluations in a wide range of sectors: social protection, agriculture, tax and government; and so on, depending on need. S/he may also provide support for various upcoming policy and training events. The successful candidate will be placed at the J-PAL SEA office in the Universitas Indonesia campus in Salemba, Central Jakarta (remotely).
The intern will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for project intervention and evidence sharing work, including drafting summaries, briefs, memos, updates, presentations and translations;
- Assisting in field management, data collection, and data cleaning of surveys;
- Conducting background research on social topics, including desk research, field observations, write-ups, and translations;
- Assisting in social media outreach and materials;
- Assisting in organizing upcoming training, workshops and seminars.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress);
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian;
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a plus;
- Familiarity with STATA and data management is a plus;
- Experience with data collection is a plus;
- Interest in social and development issues.
Note on Work Authorization: Intern must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
Expected Hours per Week: 40 hours per Week
Duration: 3 months
Candidate Year: Final Year/ Fresh Graduates
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 20, 2021, following these instructions exactly:
- Use the following as the email subject line “J-PAL SEA Intern.”
- Attach PDF copies of your CV, diploma (for fresh graduate), academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA and how this experience will contribute to fulfilling their future academic and professional plans.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.