J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), seeks qualified applicants for an internship position in J-PAL SEA. This position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in project development, policy outreach and research implementation in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. The Intern will work closely with the J-PAL SEA staffs to support the development or execution of evaluations in a wide range of sectors: social protection, agriculture, tax and government; and so on, depending on need. S/he may also provide support for various upcoming policy and training events. The successful candidate will be placed at the J-PAL SEA office in the Universitas Indonesia campus in Salemba, Central Jakarta (remotely).
The intern will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for project intervention and evidence sharing work, including drafting summaries, briefs, memos, updates, presentations and translations;
- Assisting in field management, data collection, and data cleaning of surveys;
- Conducting background research on social topics, including desk research, field observations, write-ups, and translations;
- Assisting in social media outreach and materials;
- Assisting in organizing upcoming training, workshops and seminars.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress);
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian;
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a plus;
- Familiarity with STATA and data management is a plus;
- Experience with data collection is a plus;
- Interest in social and development issues.
Note on Work Authorization: Intern must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
Expected Hours per Week: 40 hours per Week
Duration: 3 months
Candidate Year: Final Year/ Fresh Graduates