J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), seeks qualified applicants for an internship position in J-PAL SEA. This position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in project development, policy outreach, and research implementation in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. The Intern will work closely with the J-PAL SEA staff to support the development or execution of evaluations in a wide range of sectors: social protection, agriculture, tax and government; and so on, depending on need. S/he may also provide support for various upcoming policy and training events. The successful candidate will be placed at the J-PAL SEA office in the Universitas Indonesia campus in Salemba, Central Jakarta.
The intern will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for project intervention and evidence sharing work, including drafting summaries, briefs, memos, updates, presentations, and translations;
- Assisting in field management, data collection, and data cleaning of surveys;
- Conducting background research on social topics, including desk research, field observations, write-ups, and translations;
- Assisting in social media outreach and materials;
- Assisting in organizing upcoming training, workshops, and seminars.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress);
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian;
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a plus;
- Familiarity with STATA and data management is a plus;
- Experience with data collection is a plus;
- Interest in social and development issues.
Note on Work Authorization: The intern must have work authorization in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
Expected Hours per Week: 40 hours per Week
Duration: 3 months
Candidate Year: Final Year/ Fresh Graduates
How to Apply
Please prepare the following documents and fill in this application form by October 31st, 2023:
- PDF copies of your CV, diploma, academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA and how this experience will contribute to fulfilling your future academic and professional plans. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.