Position Title: Research Officer
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is the prime implementer of USAID’s Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity which aims to contribute to national goals to reduce tuberculosis (TB) incidence and mortality by increasing the number of private provider clients who are correctly diagnosed, notified and receive quality TB services. The project is seeking a Research Officer to work in close collaboration on this project with its leadership and research team in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Research Officer assists the MERLC Advisor to develop and implement research studies, with a particular focus on ensuring adequate dissemination and demonstrable use of the research findings, including publication in scientific conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the design and implementation of research studies, including the sampling, recruitment, statistical analysis, and report writing.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations when writing and reviewing protocols, analysis plans, reports, and manuscripts.
- Serves as the liaison with internal and external partners related to research communications or uptake to ensure effective collaboration efforts.
- Develops training materials and conducts training for study implementation based on company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provides input with questionnaire development, analysis, study design, and material management.
- Plans, organizes, and manages resources/processes for successful completion of study goals.
- Prepares research concepts and proposals following established policies and procedures.
- Conducts data analysis, data quality reviews, and reporting of research data for evaluation and quality.
- Writes and edits technical documents or research reports. Assists with publications in peer-reviewed journals, web pages, and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent in Public Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 3 – 5 years of experience on research or evaluation activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, quantitative (STATA, SPSS, R), and qualitative analytical (NVivo, Dedoose) software and other technology required for digital or remote data collection.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Related prior working experience including research proposal development and report writing preferred.
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices with research utilization, methodology, implementation, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and/or qualitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated research and evaluation project management skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Ability to resolve issues with new concepts and approaches to ensure research objectives are met.
** Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested candidate please apply to FHI360 Career Center Link below
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.