Prospera is seeking to engage a full-time Research Officer (RO) to be part of its Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs (CMEA) Hub team, based in Jakarta.
The RO is expected to deliver the following:
- Provide the analytical foundation for Prospera’s works in addressing the analytic needs of Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs (CMEA) Hub.
- Responding to new and emerging policy issues and framing macroeconomic policy issues.
- Undertake research and data analysis related to economics governance and policy issues: macroeconomic development and inclusive growth, the financial sector, private sector development, as well as the revenue and spending policy issues.
- Support the preparation of papers and presentation materials, as well as coordinating and presenting analysis of economic policy issues assigned to CMEA Hub.
- Support the development of trade and investment policies design to improve the competitiveness of the Indonesian economy.
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics and/or a related discipline are essential, with post-graduate qualifications would be advantage. Strong quantitative skills are essential.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working on economy and related economic policy issue with sufficient knowledge on these areas.
- Experience in writing economic paper and involved in economic research.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on difficult, but well-defined tasks; articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organizations and other stakeholders.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 1 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Research Officer is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.