The USAID Indonesia Health Financing Activity (HFA) is a five-year activity running from March 26, 2019 to March 25, 2024. ThinkWell and its partners will work closely with its government counterpart, the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) Center for Health Financing and Insurance (PPJK), and secondary counterparts BPJS-K, Ministry of Finance (MoF), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), DJSN, provincial and district authorities.
The goals of HFA are,
- To improve sustainability of the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) financing for health
- Improve capacity for strategic health purchasing.
HFA is a technical assistance project designed to strengthen capacity in financial analyses, stakeholder engagement, learning, and decision-making. HFA will support the Ministry of Health’s leadership and vision to improve financial protection, equitable access to quality health services, and health outcomes. In July 2020, USAID and the MoH requested that HFA provide technical assistance to the National Social Security Council – Dewan Jaminan Sosial Nasional (DJSN). This SOW is for a Research Assistant to produce statistics on JKN National Health Insurance.
PURPOSE AND SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE
HFA will hire a research assistant to improve the evidence-based policy making process around the JKN Implementation, ensuring that reliable quality data is used and communicated in a way that addresses specific concerns. This three-month assignment will facilitate and speed up the data analysis process. The research assistant will work closely with data analyst and DJSN core team to develop the data script, analysis plan, and determine the main output of JKN statistic required for JKN Statistic report.
- Provide technical support on data management process (data collection, converting, coding, merging, data cleaning, etc.) of JKN claims data from BPJS Kesehatan
- Supporting statistical analysis with provided dataset to produce accurate, relevant descriptive statistics and indicators
- Collaborating with other HFA key stakeholders to write the interpretation of the data analysis
- Understanding of current and emerging health financing policy in Indonesia
- Ready-to-use of analysis dataset
- High quality statistical analysis of series of dataset
Job Location: This is a part time consultant position based in ThinkWell Office, Jakarta, Indonesia. (Indonesian Nationals Only)
Timeline: Oct to December 2020 (3 months period).
Reporting Lines and Teamwork
- dr. Hasbullah Thabrany, MPH, Dr. PH (Chief of Party USAID HFA)
- The Research Assistant will support a Data Analyst, and work closely with other staff from HFA, SP4PHC, and the TB Private Sector Project.
 Strategic Purchasing for Primary Health Care Program is a separate project funded by the Gates Foundation and implemented by ThinkWell Institute. HFA collaborates with SP4PHC and other projects in Indonesia.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in biostatistics or economics or any related fields
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience advance statistical analysis, particularly in health sector
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity and experience working with STATA, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with large databases, including national, sub-national, and household data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity, to effectively communicate with government officials, development partners, other staffs, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work remote effectively; and be proactive, flexible, conscientiousness, and responsive.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and Indonesian
Interested applicants may send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 21 October 2020 – COB