International Development Center of Japan Inc. (IDCJ) is a Japanese consulting firm based in Tokyo, Japan, in the areas of social and economic development, and has been involved in a number of cooperation projects between Indonesian and Japanese governments.
In March 2019, IDCJ has started a new cooperation project funded by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), which is titled ‘Project for Strengthening Framework of Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Republic of Indonesia (JICA SDGs Project)’.
This project is expected to assist the Indonesian government to promote achievement of the SDGs, which consist of 17 goals in various development agendas such as poverty and hunger, clean energy, climate change, and just, peaceful and inclusive societies. JICA SDGs Project is conducted in close collaboration with the concerned ministries of the Indonesian government, BAPPENAS in particular. In addition, five provinces are selected as the targets of the project, and their planning offices are given a series of technical supports in formulating action plans of SDGs.
JICA SDGs Project is looking for a competent Research Assistant, who works full-time with the Project team, which consists of both Japanese and Indonesian consultants. The place of the work is basically Jakarta, however, he/she will be asked to do business trips to other provinces for several times. The followings are the key duties, responsibility and qualification of the Research Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Leader/Deputy Leader and Senior Researcher of JICA SDGs Project, the Research Assistant shall be responsible to:
- Provide technical support to the JICA SDGs Project
- Consultation with the related government offices on behalf of Leader/Deputy Leader of the Project
- Collecting available data, statistics, publications and other related information through desk research and interview with relevant organizations;
- Making summaries of the collected information in English;
- Translating documents from Bahasa Indonesia to English, and vice versa; and
- Preparing status reports on the issues related to SDGs in Indonesia
- Provide interpretation service to JICA SDGs Project Team. The service includes the following tasks:
- Working as interpreter between Bahasa Indonesia and English at meetings and/or interviews
- Taking notes of the meetings and/or interviews
- Perform other duties assigned by the Team/Deputy Team Leaders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong command of English, written and spoken;
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Completion of appropriate Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, development studies, social science, international relations or related field, and a minimum of two (2) year experience in a relevant position in multinational companies, international organizations or the public sector.
- Quick and flexible learning ability to global and national SDG implementation framework
- Competent level of oral and written communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings;
- Sound organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to exercise common sense and judgements;
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of IDR 8,000,000 and annual bonus equivalent to one-month basic salary. Subject to good performance during the probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract up to the end of June 2020 (thirteen (13) months, inclusive of the 1-month probationary period).
How to Apply
Please send me your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; then for the fair applicants, I shall contact back to arrange an interview.