An exciting opportunity to work alongside a team of young, bright and season experts and personnel supporting the GoI in economic development
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing, and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary, and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments, and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
The Research Analyst (RA) will provide the analytical foundation for Prospera works in addressing the analytic needs of our GOI counterparts and responding to new and emerging policy issues. The RA will undertake research and data analysis related to governance and policy issues in the financial sector, especially in non-banking financial institutions (NBFI). The RA is expected to support preparation of papers and presentation materials, as well as coordinate and present analysis of financial and macroeconomic policy issues assigned to Finance Thematic Area.
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
About the Role:
The Research Analyst will report to Senior Economist (Financial Policy Lead). The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 1, open to Indonesia national. The role is based in Jakarta – Indonesia.
Responsibilities and duties:
The position is required to:
- Undertake research; identify issues; oversee the monitoring and reporting of progress on draft analytical briefs in relation to financial and macroeconomic issues; present analysis of key information gathered and support the formulation of briefing papers and prepare relevant reports.
- Review the assessment of issues and trends; prepare evaluations of research activities and studies.
- Coordinate and present basic analysis of financial and macroeconomic policy issues assigned to financial policy breakthrough area. The Research Analyst will identify, collect, and analyse qualitative and quantitative data under the guidance of the Prospera Senior Economist (Financial Policy Lead) and the Economist(s), and/or Head of Breakthrough Area 2.
- Occasionally prepare initial draft report and presentations, including coordinate and collate relevant documents. The Research Analyst will also support preparation of relevant Prospera papers and related materials for presentations to Prospera stakeholders and for final reports.
- The Research Analyst is expected to coordinate with other Leads/Economists in BT 2.2 Area and other Prospera team members and relevant technical counterparts in delivering the analysis.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities, and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser: https://www.cddid.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/ToR-Research-Analyst-Financial-Policy.pdf
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics and finance, with post-graduate qualifications preferred. Strong experience in the non-banking financial institutions (NBFI) sector will be essential; strong quantitative skill is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working on economic policy and financial sector
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on difficult, but well-defined tasks; articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge and experience working on the Indonesian economy and with Indonesian policymakers.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills.
How to apply?