REQUEST FOR TENDER
YAYASAN PLAN INTERNATIONAL INDONESIA
TENDER DESCRIPTION: CONSTRUCTION OF SAFE SCHOOL
LOMBOK, WEST NUSA TENGGARA – INDONESIA
From a number of schools affected by the West Nusa Tenggara earthquake in 2018 where SDN 5 Sokong was destroyed. The impact of disasters for this school are: classrooms are heavily damaged / collapsed, disruption of teaching and learning activities, loss of teaching and learning equipment and children are displaced. To accelerate the recovery of education in that area, the Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (YPII) supported by PT. SMI will facilitate the construction of permanent safe school complate with inclusive latrines.
Plan Indonesia started to support the education sector to prepare for the construction work to carry out the construction for selected school building as part of improving education sector in West Nusa Tengara. In coordination with the donors, PT. SMI, and taking into consideration the budget limitation for school construction, it was agreed to prioritize the to construct safe school with inclusive latrines.
In order to construct the school, Plan Indonesia requires the services of qualified construction company to carry out the construction work at the selected school location. For this purpose, this Terms of Reference (ToR) for the Request for Tender (RFT) has been prepared.
II. THE PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Plan Indonesia is seeking to procure the services of technically and financially sound construction companies (contractors) for the construction of schools in West Nusa Tenggara. The tender document for the school will be carried out a through tender pre-qualification and Request for Tender (RfT). The design documents, architectural drawings, Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and technical specifications were already prepared by the consulting firms hired by Plan Indonesia. The contractors shall closely work with the hired Engineering consulting firm on a daily basis. The Engineering consulting firm will provide technical expertise for architectural designs/drawings, maintaining quality standards and overall management of the construction of school; however, the final decision for technical, managerial and financial matters will remain with Plan Indonesia.
Plan Indonesia reserves the right to reject any or all proposals received in response to the RfT without revealing any reasons whatsoever. Plan Indonesia may also negotiate for the bid price with the potential bidders, if deemed necessary, for the best interest of Plan Indonesia.
The name and location of the school to be constructed as below:
School Name : SDN 5 Sokong
Address : Desa Sokong, Kec. Tanjung, Kab. Lombok Utara
In the construction of this safe school, the scope of work includes the following:
1. Construct the following buildings:
1 teacher office
1 library room
8 toilets (2 female toilets, 2 male toilets, 2 disability toilets for male and male, 2 toilets for teachers)
III. Objectives & Deliverables
This activity consists of the construction of new school building. The new activities aim at supporting the children in order they can access to the safe school by providing adequate building to be used by the students. It is expected that the project activities including the construction work will be completed by July 2020.
IV. Services Description and Minimum Requirements:
The work contracts will be awarded through a competitive bid selection process where the bidders must clearly demonstrate through a written proposal (technical and financial), extensive contextual experience in construction work, sustainable capabilities, technical proficiency and competency, in addition to the adherence to required local building associate, good practices in the provision of construction services.
Plan Indonesia’s technical drawing and spesification, applicable policies and standards for school design and construction, shall be applied to the construction of building’s school. The Plan Indonesia Procurement Unit will be responsible for the procurement procedures and tender process. The Request for tender (RFT) will be uploaded on the website and will also be available at Plan Indonesia Office. The submitted bids will be opened by an panel tender committee assigned by Plan Indonesia. The most responsive, meets the requirement and competitive bidder offering the best value for money, will be selected and awarded the work contract for the specified Lot. Eligible construction companies shall be registered in the Republic of Indonesia with a valid legals status.
Additionally, all the relevant bidding documents will be sent to all potential bidders during the Aanwizjing in Lombok and will also be uploaded on website, in order to guarantee broad circulation.
V. Contractor’s Scope of Services and Expected Deliverables:
a. Resource management
1. Deployment of qualified and well experienced managers and site engineers
2. Preparation of “Resource Plan” (materials, machine/tools, man-power) in accordance with the set workplan
3. Preparation of workplans for school construction
4. Identifications of source of materials (origin of the materials to be procured and used for construction)
5. Conduct all necessary material testing in the laboratory and field (if required),
6. Obtain approval from the consulting firms/Plan Indonesia before procurement of materials or use at the construction sites
7. Preparation of delivery plan of materials based on the needs at the construction sites to ensure that no activities are stopped due to shortage of materials, machines or manpower
8. Ensure that materials are properly packed and covered during transportation to ensure that the materials are not damaged during transportation
9. All materials in particular cement, timber, paints etc. are properly stored at sites to prevent from deterioration of strength by water, moisture or heat.
b. Mobilization of resources (man-power, materials, machines) to the construction sites
1. The selected contractor shall mobilize the resources within one week after signing the work contract.
2. The contractor shall establish temporary office at each site with necessary facilities for his staff and workers (non-permanent basecamp, water, toilets, first aid kits etc.)
3. The contractor is responsible for maintaining pollution/contamination free surrounding environment
4. The contractor shall display and follow both workplan and resource plan for each site
5. A Site Log-Book shall be maintained for comments and recommendations by visitors
c. Site clearance, dismantling existing structures and disposal of debris out of the school compound
1. Upon mobilization to the site, the contractor shall start the site preparation/clearing under the supervision of the consulting firm and in accordance with the drawings and technical specifications
2. The debris from any demolition and rubbles shall be removed from the sites and disposed in safe areas designated
3. The contractor shall establish reference points for starting the construction work with the guidance of the consulting firm
d. Management of construction activities for maintaining quality standards and timelines
1. The contractor shall deploy one qualified and experienced engineer for each site as Site Manager
2. The contractor shall strictly follow the drawings, specifications and BoQs of the contract documents
3. No variations will be accepted without prior approval by Plan Indonesia. In case of any variations, the contractor shall inform the consulting firm which will report to Plan Indonesia in writing to justify the cost and time implications prior to the variations’ approval. Plan Indonesia in its sole discretion will accept or reject any submitted variation
4. Based on the prepared workplan (critical, parallel and sequential works), the contractor shall execute multiple works simultaneously for saving time during construction
5. Before starting the foundation excavation, the grid system in both X and Y directions should be checked and confirmed as per the drawings (i.e. center to center distance between the columns). The positions of columns must be perfectly aligned horizontally and vertically
6. The construction site shall be free of debris and hazardous materials/objects. The contractor should exercise all safety measures for its workers, consulting firm and Plan Indonesia
7. The supervision engineers shall monitor the construction activities and coordinate with the contractor on a daily basis to ensure that quality standards and timelines are maintained
8. Any materials or works that do not-conform to the specifications, drawings or BoQs shall be rejected and the contractor shall be responsible for removing/dismantling the rejected materials/works immediately from the site
9. The contractor shall repeat/reconstruct the rejected work at his own cost. Refusal of this instruction will lead to immediate termination of contract
10. All critical works (i.e. structural parts) such as foundation works, erection of columns, beams, fixing roof support structures etc. shall be carried out only under the supervision of the engineers from the consulting firm & Plan Indonesia
11. All materials should pass through the mandatory material tests/checks.
12. The contractor shall also conduct cube test for concrete works (if required)
VI. Minimum Requirements of the contractor’s Key Personnel:
Qualification and experience of contractors
1. The contractor must be a construction company registered in Indonesia with relevant professional body
2. The contractor must have teams with variety of permanent professionals that are registered with professional body with copies of certificates to be provided in the submitted proposal
3. The contractor must demonstrate experience and proficiency in carrying out assignments of similar nature and complexity. A minimum record of 3 similar projects must be provided in form of a list with contact details of previous clients
4. The contractor shall demonstrate the capacity to deploy sufficient number of qualified engineers and personnel when required
5. The contractor shall establish/maintain an office at each site. The office shall be equipped with minimum required facilities
a. Qualification and experience of core staff
The contractor’s minimum staff requirement and qualification shall be as per the below table:
1. Team Leader/Project Manager,
Civil Engineer with extensive experience in management of construction projects, with min 10 Years
2. Site Engineers
Civil Engineer bachelor degree civil engineering with minimum 5 years in construction supervision and management of construction projects
3. Site Supervisor Senior High School (STM-Civil)
with minimum 3 years in construction supervision and management of construction projects
3. Skilled labours
With required skills who can produce desired quality of works. They may be of different categories by type of works (i.e. masons, welders, steel technicians, carpenters, plumbers, electricians) Experienced, qualified for the field of works, min 2 years
4. Unskilled labours
They should be physically fit, have certain knowledge of works, but NO CHILDREN below
- The contractor shall provide the printed and signed CVs in order of supremacy of team members
- The core staff proposed in the Request For Tender (RFT) shall not be changed or replaced during implementation phase, unless approved by Plan Indonesia
- Each core staff must clearly understand his/her role and responsibilities and should demonstrate high standard professionalism and conducts at all levels and at all time
- The selected contractor will work under the direct supervision of the consulting firm and will closely work with Plan Indonesia.
- Given the sensitivity in the project areas, the contractor’s workers will strictly adhere to local, ethical and social norms. They must deal with all people impartially and equally regardless of sex, religions, ethnic groups, social orientation and origin
- Each core staff must clearly understand and signs Plan’s policies (Safeguarding & Codes of conduct)
VII. Minimum Requirements of the contractor’s Key Personnel:
Qualification and experience of contractors
- The contractor must be a construction company registered in Indonesia with relevant professional body
- The contractor must have teams with variety of permanent professionals that are registered with professional body with copies of certificates to be provided in the submitted proposal
- The contractor must demonstrate experience and proficiency in carrying out assignments of similar nature and complexity. A minimum record of 3 similar projects must be provided in form of a list with contact details of previous clients
- The contractor shall demonstrate the capacity to deploy sufficient number of qualified engineers and personnel when required
- The contractor shall establish/maintain an office at each site. The office shall be equipped with minimum required facilities
VIII. Retention Money
In order to effectively monitor the contractor’s performance, Plan Indonesia will keep an amount equivalent to 5% of total contract value. This amount (called Retention Money) will be retained by Plan Indonesia and will be only released upon successful completion of 6-month Defects Liability.
IX. Facilities to be provided by the contractor
The contractor shall ensure that its staff/workers are adequately supported and equipped. In particular, it must ensure that there is sufficient material provisions and equipment to enable staff to concentrate on their primary responsibilities. The consulting firm must also transfer funds as necessary to support the delivery of tasks under the contract and to ensure that the employees are paid regularly and in a timely fashion.
No equipment is to be purchased on behalf of Plan Indonesia as part of this contract or transferred to Plan Indonesia at the end of this contract. Any equipment related to this contract which is to be acquired by the contractor for executing the required tasks, must be purchased by contractor’s own means.
XI. Documents to be provided in the Technical proposal in sealed envelope:
- Cover letter for technical proposal submission
- Quotation, Signed and stamped RFT
- Signed and stamped Safeguarding & Codes of Conduct
- Supplier Profile Form (legal documents)
- Other Documents, as requested:
– contractor’s relevant experience (Company experiences)
– CV’s of Staff (Team Leader/Project Manager, Site Engineers, Site Supervisor & Skilled labours
– Workplans and work schedule
– Certification of skills (Engineering/Civil, Electric, etc)
– SIUJK (Construction permit certificate)
– The company has a building construction certification, preferably most likely has a school building sub-field
XII. Enquiries about RfT should be directed to:
Any enquiries about RfT must be in written and should be addressed to Yayasan.Procurement@plan-international.org, and Procurement Unit will reply the enquiries as soon as possible.
XIII. Place for lodgement of tender:
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia
Gedung Menara Duta Lt. 2 Wing D
Jl. HR. Rasuna Said Kav. B9 Kuningan
Jakarta Selatan 12910
XIV. Closing Time:
21 February 2020
XV. Pre-tender briefing (Aanwizjing)
A pre-Tender briefing session will be held on 12th February 2020 at:
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia
Jl. Kebyar No. 7, Lingkungan Pusaka
Kel. Pejanggik, Kota Mataram – West Nusa Tenggara
XVI. Site Visit
Site visit will be held on 13-14 February 2020 in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
XVII. Documents can be downloaded at:
1. TOR :
2. Technical Drawing:
3. Technical Specification:
4. Bill of quantity:
5. Global Policy Safeguarding Children and Young People
6. Codes of conduct
Plan International Indonesia – Country Office
Menara Duta Building 2nd Floor, Wing C
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. B-9 Kuningan
Jakarta Selatan 12910, Indonesia
Tel: +62215229566 | Fax: +62215229571
- Salary Offer -